So true it is of a generation past

You are so right! GONE and SO SAD!
G

1 Like

Anyone remember these?

5 Likes

4 Likes

Back in my homw town when I was a young one, my father contracted snow removal for the town which consisted of about 75 miles and a few roads that were still dirt and a few camp roads that had to be opened in early spring. I found this picture of me helping my father with what I call a dozer plow. If it was a dirt road, we were good to go. I still remember the whereabouts of that photo.

16 Likes

Here is one showing work in progress with the dozer plow.

12 Likes

those are awesome pics !!

2 Likes

This is my favorite coffee cup. Not sure how I got it, it just showed up to my home about 20 years ago.

5 Likes

Haha!!! My wife and I were at Waffle House just the other night joking about getting a set of eight Waffle House coffee cups to give to someone for Christmas.

4 Likes

A few more winter plow pictures. This was a Walter plow with a blower in the wing tip. The plow truck had a 6 cylinder gas engine for the truck and identical engine in the back for just the blower.
When the snow banks got too high for the conventional snowplows, we would take this plow to drop the banks to a manageble level. It blew the snow about 50’ out and drop them down at least 2-3’ in one pass. These photos were taken in the early 60’s when I was the wing man riding with the old man.

6 Likes

Interesting, never saw a blower…Thanks for sharing…

3 Likes

Wow! Great pictures Marcel! :+1:

3 Likes

The cylinders in that straight six engine on that blower were 6" diameter. Gas. I remember my father telling me that it was not miles per gallon but rather gallons per mile. 6 gallons per mile and there were two engines. I sure would not want to pay for the gas for that thing now.

5 Likes

Remember waiting for this delivery?

5 Likes

8 Likes

3 Likes

7 Likes

I rember turning the antenna rotator to get that picture perfect on the Magnavox TV.

9 Likes

I still remember seeing this live back in 1969.

5 Likes

I do too, and we had marks on the dial for the 4 TV channels available.

4 Likes

7 Likes