So true it is of a generation past

I for one never had the patients to make my lines look like anyuthing other than scribble. :grinning:

6 Likes

The good old Drive-in.

10 Likes

Where are the Maine drive-in movie theaters

Maine was one of the first states to have a drive-in theater. It was when the Saco Drive-In opened in 1939. That’s the same year that Judy Garland starred in “The Wizard of Oz.”

However, it was not until the 1950s that drive-in theaters became truly popular in Maine. At the peak, there were 39 drive-ins.
Drive-In Movie Theaters in Maine - Southern Maine on the Cheap.

4 Likes

8 Likes

thats true…

I agree, and they did not have platic bumbers.

3 Likes

8 Likes

5 Likes

And don’t forget:

Nicknamed “Sliders” and “Gut Bombers,” these famous tiny burgers were one of the earliest fast-food …

4 Likes

For sure Larry, around here they are the home of the slider.

4 Likes

The one i remember always had a mountain of home fries on the grill…mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

3 Likes

We had a chain called Little Tavern. You could get a whole bag of these bite size hamburgers. Don’t remember how much, I was young, first job, spent money like I was rich. I do remember Burger Chef before that. Right up the street, burgers were a quarter, and we didn’t have a quarter to spare.

5 Likes

Man, you guys are old.

6 Likes

You’re getting there if you can still remember watching this on TV…

8 Likes

…But, I watched it. :rofl:

9 Likes

Who doesn’t know this song by heart? LOL

9 Likes

The intro says they set out for a three hour tour. It doesn’t say how long they were at sea after the weather started getting rough. So they could actually be much further from port than any wildly guessed conservative estimate of only 3 hours and 12 knots.

2 Likes

Gilligan's Island: How a Small Beach on Kauai Started a Big Show | Self-Guided Audio Tours!

2 Likes

I loved Mary Ann

3 Likes

She sure was pretty.

3 Likes