So true it is of a generation past

Then after the 11:00 o’clock news it was lights out.

6 Likes

3 Likes

I had one for my shoe shine chair and for selling wagonloads of cold drinks to tourist types. That $7,000 that I invested back when turned into about $500,000 a few years ago. :+1:

6 Likes

Yep, I remember the “test patterns”. Each item had a specific purpose - indicating a if a particular “adjustment” had to be made so a “correct & proper picture” could be viewed by the customer. Test patterns were used by both the TV Station Engineers and the “TV Repair-man” who would actually come out to your house!

2 Likes

Yep, I had one too Larry. I delivered the morning paper and then also delivered the evening paper right after school. The coin dispenser made it easier on payment day!

2 Likes

8 Likes

4 Likes

1111 11

8 Likes

I know, I know!!!

It’s the thingy you place between you’re crotch to keep scalding coffee from bringing lawsuits!!!

Actually, a tin ashtray to use if you didn’t stub your smoke out in an undercooked egg McMuffin…

3 Likes

Had one of these for my cleveland Plain Dealer route, picked up my papers at 3;30 am had to be delivered before 6 am

3 Likes

3 Likes

And, this is how we washed floors.

5 Likes

every saturday !

1 Like

I can still smell the smoke from the spent roll caps.

7 Likes

This way as well.

4 Likes

You beat me to it…I was just going to ask did anybody else get impatient with the cap pistols and just use a hammer… :joy:

3 Likes

My mom worked many years at the Plain Dealer, right up until they moved to Tiedeman Road.

2 Likes

4 Likes

My best friend’s mother always required the “pleasantries”. Hello, this is Brian. How are you? May I please speak with Jimmy? Thank you.

2 Likes

We were not allowed to use the phone at my house. My Dad “may” get a call! We had to go to the corner and use the pay phone to talk to our friends.

5 Likes