Tablet PC

Print?
Who prints anything now in days?
Even if your guys are doing little checklist reports I would think they still email them Jeff.
Now in days you can email it to the client in front of you and they can see the report from their phone.
Not to many grandpas are getting inspections as I would guess the majority are first timers and tech savy.
Personally I even do video and though it may not go to the client other than stills the data needs to be uploaded.
Reports are getting more sophisticated along with the tools and hardware Jeff.
How many inspectors had IR cameras when the Newton came out ?:slight_smile:

We have a survey going around here and I think the average Inspector takes at least 100 shots.
40 would just about cover the average amount of issues.
Material shots and general shots are also needed to prove facts in possible future disputes or for legal reasons and it is almost dumb not to.
Not like we need to develop film and add to expense or what not.

I know a few guys that still print, but not very many. Most email like you said, some email on site, some email later, some burn to cd or thumbdrive.

Whats a CD?:wink:

I am using the iPad and it works just fine for what I do.
John Miller
PRP Home Inspections
DeLand
386-216-1809

How are you using it John? Are you remotely controlling another computer?

Hey Guys Thank you all but I am seriously looking at the HP touch smart I think it’s a good combination of both tablet and PC…

With a wi fi you could control the PC from your phone.:slight_smile:

I have two and would not trade them. I like having one computer with all my info on it. The old one is now a back-up(Hp Tx2), I used it for about two years, the older laptop died and I bought the new HP TM2. You always must have some kind of back-up system.

I’m pretty partial to the iPad, but the Samsung Galaxy Tab (Android) looks promising, too. The Galaxy Tab has 2 cameras, although the rear-facing camera is only 3.2 megapixel. We assume that there will be an iPad with camera(s) soon, so that might be the PERFECT tool.

The problem with an iPad or Galaxy Tab camera is no zoom. The flash is getting better on these devices, as is the resolution. But until a decent zoom is presented you’ll still be using a normal camera to take pictures.

only used as a mouse and key pad though right Bob?

Just got the HP touchsmart tm2, direct fromHP. $869. Very Pleased!! Extra $56 for second buisness day.

I use a net book for HI. The Tablet is working out. I am completely paperless.

Welcome to the club!!!

Got the same one, inspired by John. Totally bitchin!

Why isn’t anyone talking about this new Dell tablet ???
Looks a lot like the Clio many years ago with the swivel screen.
http://www.technama.com/2010/dell-inspiron-duo-specs-price-available-date/

That’s a good looking machine Jeff. Dual Core processor is great. I like the screen and I can see making a durable case for it being easier than a normal tablet.

I found it a bit funny they didn’t show it streaming HD video. It looks like the player probably crashed.

Looks cool but how much and when?
The screen sure is glassy looking in that video.

Hey Jose, I use a Mirus Schoolmate that I bought from Target online. It is a kids computer and comes with windows 7 basic OS. 160 gig ram and 1.3 processor. It was 550.00 out the door and thats including having it over nighted. I have had no problems with it at all.

I’m surprised that Target had the Mirus, I thought only Sears sold it under that brand name That’s the CTL2Go, just sold by a different company. It’s also a 1.6 ghz processor, not 1.3ghz.

I have CTL2go but don’t use it much because the handwriting recognition software is terrible compared to my fujitsu. Does anyone know if I can upgrade the handwriting recognition software on the CTL2go? If yes, please let me know.