Take all the work away from your competitors before they can even smell it.

Just a reminder: One of the benefits of the MoveInCertified project is that when you do an inspection for the seller, ASK TO DO THE INSPECTION ON THE HOME THEY ARE BUYING! Remember, they have to leave the house they are selling and move somewhere… if they are moving locally (likely), make sure you get that inspection from them (on the home they are buying). You already have a relationship with them so it should be easy. Catch that work upstream before any of your competitors even get a chance to smell it. If the seller is moving out of your market area, refer them to a NACHI member. Use www.InspectorNOW.com or www.InspectorLocator.com

We want to eventually get to the point where NO INSPECTIONS GET THROUGH OUR SYSTEMS and where NACHI members get EVERY inspection and EVERY TYPE of inspection done on EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE in the world… leaving absolutely ZERO work for non-members.

And we’re getting there :smiley: .

Another reminder: Make sure you’ve added your ancillary services to www.nachi.org/ancillary.htm

We want it all.

Nick…

Were you Gangas Cong in another life? :mrgreen:
Burn everything and take no prisoners!!!

The stream of buyer-inspections isn’t flowing strong right now in this market. Use the MoveInCertified project to catch the sellers inspections AND THEN get the buying side of those clients.

We can dam up the stream (upstream) to the point where the whole thing dries up completely downstream of us.

Nick,

Do you have a name of one of the inspector’s in the Denver market who has been so busy doing these he can’t keep up with the demand. How about if that inspector come to the board and tells us how it’s done. Between Dale and I we have hit more than 1,000 homes in our respective areas and have yet to talk to one seller that likes the idea.

Prelisting inspections are not desireable for sellers, even if done cheap.

Why would a seller want to know all of the problems with the house when they would then have to disclose it.

The entire RE sales market is based on hurry up and get to the closing table and succeeds very well in getting buyers to buy houses under time constraints even when they have an inspection.

The reason is that they do not have time to digest the issues and realize that they should keep looking. The 2nd and most effective reason is that the used house salesmen (most of them) are very experienced with pushing the buyer towards the closing table. If I need to be any more specific then you won’t catch on anyway…

As a former “used house salesman” who doesn’t get a penny for his time if a problem (that would be discovered anyway) isn’t discovered until the last minute and wrecks the deal, I can assure you that we’d much rather know of any issues early on so we don’t waste all our energy and time and not walk away with a commission check.

I was a REALTOR for a decade and know hundreds of agents personally and know of none that think any differently than I do. We are only paid for success and last minute inspection issues are the number one cause of deal failure. If the deal goes south over the inspection we’re paid $0.00 per hour times the number of hours we have into the deal.

MoveInCertified.com is to inspections as a credit check is to a loan… and there is a selfish reason every REALTOR gets his/her buyers pre-approved for their mortgage (no sense in driving around a buyer who can’t buy). Now MoveInCertified gets the home pre-approved.

Deal done.

I could sell MoveInCertified with half my brain tied behind my back.

I see more Realtors talking like this all the time. I can see it
is coming. Some parts of the country have already started
pre listing inspections more than others.

That’s a visual I’m not sure I needed right before I called it a night :smiley:

Pre-Listing inspections is the future. I spoke to one real estate office manager the other day and she stated they (the agency) tried to get all sellers to get a home inspection done BEFORE listing. There reason sounded like NICK G in the above post…to many hours on an agent only to have a problem come up that kills the deal. I told her the talking points and the one that got the eye movement was you have time to get the problems fixed which is going to cost less money to the seller in the long run. Showing a house with some minor issues makes for a fast closing. Agents love that so I push that in my talking points.

On marketing to RE agents- I push pre-listing and if I get some work from them on the buying side great. I seem to get a better response doing it this way since the RE agent may already have a HI they use, I have converted a few to Kingfish. If they have a HI on the buyer side they tend to try me for pre-listing and I sell the client who sells the RE agent for me. I just do a great job, explain allot use pictures and home illustrated to show issues. When the client is happy they tell the RE agent who seems to give you more time that day…and another conversion to Kingfish!

Curt

One more thing to keep in mind is that even if you spoke to a seller and they don’t want the inspection, they are still moving and have your card. One leg up as the story goes!
Just a thought,
Randy

Agents in my area all have a favorite inspector that turns a blind eye to problems and generates a clean report with no pictures (yes some give kickbacks to the agent/Broker of record). It’s going to take a few years for some of these unscrupulous inspectors to go out of business but you know there are plenty more licking their chops while they wait for agents to search for more “realtor friendly inspectors”
The good inspectors are taking a beating while the scum floats to the top.

My marketing plan is 75% focused on consumers and educating the public on what an inspection entails. 25% to agents that show some ethics (few and far between).

I’m advertising Move In Certified to the general public but it’s going to take time and $$ to see if it has a chance of success in my market.

Erol,
When did you start marketing this concept? I apologize if I missed the thread. I know as I am sure you know that it will take time for the wheel to start turning in your direction. Agents have to re-define their approach to the seller, etc. if you have marketed to the agent? Do you know the feedback with Dale as of late? I am just curious because I just typed up a mail out to agents that I have worked with multiple times to get their take on it. Plan to hit the sellers properties and if they don’t want it at least they will have my card unless they plan to live in a tent or moving out of state. The concept sounds excellent but my area is reluctant to change. It seems everyone is in a box. Hence, I know I will have to work harder on it.
Randy

Hey Randy,

In all honesty it hasn’t been that long, only about 2 weeks. I am targeting the sellers directly by leaving information at their homes. They are the ones who ultimately are going to make the decision not the agent. Dale started a similar strategy about 3 weeks ago and has not heard back from a prospect. I still feel this has potential. Nick has reiterated a few times that many Colorado inspectors are going gang busters with this concept. I was hoping that one of these inspectors would come to the board and tell us how they got to be “overwhelmed” with Move In Certified inspections. Then again I also understand they don’t want to help their competitors.

Hopefully good solid news will come forth and I would sure like to hear from the Colorado inspectors myself. If they feel threatend by competition then maybe one will send us a PM since we are of no threat being in Illinois. I am not sure (because Move in Certified threads are all over the board) but I think I read Will may have had a bit of success with it.
Thanks for the reply,
Randy

If Will Decker approached my front door I would give him the inspection too. :look-up: :wink:

Same here! I am not sure if it would be because he is good at his business or he’s 50’ tall?
Randy

This concept of a pre-listing inspection is and will continue to be a hard sell to the consumer. I have been marketing prelisting inspections steady for over 10 months now and it has been an uphill battle every step of the way. I think the MoveinCertified angle is brillant and have added to my marketing approach. The biggest road block is still the seller and trying to convince them that exposing all the problems with the home is a good thing. A) they are worried that by admitting there are problems they will be held liable and B) most are willing to take their chances that the home will not be inspected or if it is they can negotiate then. They just don’t see the advantages and figure it’s not worth the money. They would rather let the buyer pay.
However, I’m not done yet. Sooner or later things have to change and hopefully more and more sellers will jump on the bandwagon. It just going to take time.