A fake (temporary) site I built to help explain where we are going with this...

Now remember, I just put the site together temporarily to try to explain where we are going with having NACHI members pre-inspect the entire planet earth, so don’t critique the site (it is just there for demonstration purposes).

www.MoveInCertified.com

P.S. Once we come up with a couple yard sign designs, we’ll post them here.

Great idea!

Stunning. With NACHI’s web dominance, who could compete?

I like it!!

Here is my “Yard Sign” for Pre - Inspected Homes.

yard_sign.jpg

Looks good Nick, I do have a question, always, about the line:

This home has been pre-inspected
and MOVE IN CERTIFIED.

Who is Certifying this. how do we as inspectors know that all noted deficiencies in our report have been repaired? Are the Realtor and FetchReport assuming that responsibility? And isn’t it somewhat of a conflict to say that the Home Is Move In Certified, but that the Client should have their own inspection performed, how much credibility does that give the “Certification”?

I’m asking a lot of questions because I believe basically that this is a great Idea and could be a benefit to NACHI Members, if we can find out how it works.

Dont forget put Double Check Home Inspection LLC 719-635-6425 on all the signs :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Lewis. No. It is not a conflict at all. EVERY pre-listing inspection report should contain language that recommends that the buyer do his/her own inspections.

Not only does this reduce liability (read www.nachi.org/sellerinspections.htm) but it DOUBLES the number of inspections for our industry.

nice

Nice sign Pete.

My reports do contain such language, but I don’t Certify that the Home Is Move in ready, and as a prelisting inspector I have no way of knowing if any of the needed repairs have been made to the home to make it '“Move in Ready”, I would not want my name or my company’s name associated with any such “Certification”, maybe a statement that “This Home has been Inspected by a NACHI Certified Inspector” along with a notice for them to check that all listed deficiencies have been corrected, along with the statement that many include in our Prelisting contracts that not all inspections or inspectors are the same and that it is possible that another inspector may list other deficiencies, along with the recomemdation that they hire their own Inspector.

This statement, direct from NACHI is what I include in my prelisting contract and marketing:

“Note: Just as no two home inspectors and no two reporting systems are alike, no two inspection reports, even if performed on the same property at the same time, are alike. This pre-listing inspection report was performed for my client, the home seller, with the cooperation and assistance of my client/home seller. It assumes full disclosure on the part of my client/home seller. My client may choose to share my report with others, but it was performed solely for my client. And although ABC Inspections performs all inspections and writes all reports objectively without regard to the client’s personal interests, additional fresh inspections, which of course would reveal and report matters differently, should be considered.”

Good language. I actually authored it. This from www.nachi.org/sellerinspections.htm

Suggested language for:

• inspectors to add to their seller inspection reports.
  • sellers to use to encourage buyers to perform their own fresh inspections.
  • agents to use to encourage buyers to perform their own fresh inspections.
    [INDENT]“Note: Just as no two home inspectors and no two reporting systems are alike, no two inspection reports, even if performed on the same property at the same time, are alike. This seller or pre-listing inspection report was performed for my client, the home seller, with the cooperation and assistance of my client, the home seller. It assumes full disclosure on the part of my client, the home seller. My client may choose to share my report with others, but it was performed solely for my client. Although ABC Inspections performs all inspections and writes all reports objectively without regard to the client’s personal interests, performing additional fresh inspections, which of course could reveal and report matters differently, should be considered.”

[/INDENT]

See Nick, I don’t argue with everything you do.

General Patton once said, “If everyone is thinking alike, then somone’s not thinking”.

The timing for this type of thing is perfect. As the real estate economny is slowing relators are having to work harder for their sales. They don’t want any abstacles in the way of closing the sales. Now more than ever. Pre inspection help identify problems early so that they can be delt with in a rational and economical time frame as oposed to being deal killers at the last minuite.

I’m trying to work on a defintion of “Move In Certified.” Any suggestions?

I’m thinking of something on the lines of:

Move In Certified means:

This home has been pre-inspected and the seller confirms that the inspection report revealed no major systems in need of immediate repair or replacement and no known safety hazards.

OK?

That’s not how they are looking at it…

http://activerain.com/blogsview/109357/Should-You-Have-the

(Sorry for the thread drift)

Jeff

What if the Report did include major items in need of repair, the repair or replacement of such Items needs to be addressed.

The Seller or the Agent need to be the one to Certify that a Home is Move in certified, my inspection report, like everyone elses is good only for time I inspected the Home, conditions can change as fast as my tailights disappear down the street.

This home has been pre-inspected For major systems in need of immediate repair or replacement and safety hazards.

How about this; Move In Certified means:

*This home has been pre-inspected and the seller confirms any known deficiencies revealed in the inspection report have been corrected and no major systems are in need of immediate repair or replacement and no known safety hazards exist. *