Temporary Electric

LP to Natural gas bad idea. I agree .

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/gas-kitchen-appliances-dryers-bbqs/314368-test-natural-gas-stove-lp.html

LP and NG burn at different temps, and appliances must be listed for a specific type of fuel.

Using propane on NG fitted appliances can result in damage to the appliance.

The difference between an appliance that operates on natural gas or LP is the orifices and the regulator. When I was working for an HVAC contractor, I often converted furnaces from one to the other. There may be some out there they can not be converted, but this is due to the lack of conversion kits as far as I am aware. Obviously then, it would be impossible to properly performance test a gas appliance with LP. I am not saying it would not light or burn, but if it did it would not burn properly and could create a potentially dangerous situation as Jeff and others have mentioned.

Agreed but anybody else forget what might happen after 6 months?
http://www.unitedwildlife.com/AnimalsMice.html

From my insurer’s point…

I can align with a good heating contractor and electrical contractor and be named as an Additional Insured on their liability to give me some protection.
Talking with each now.

After looking into what improper service can do to the newer ECM motors on furnaces and worse yet a possible fire, this is going to be a challenge to get the right electrician to handle these jobs.

I lost a job today to a competitor over this and will be keeping my ear to the ground to see how he handles these inspections.

An update…

My insurance company indicates to get added as an Additional Insured on the electrical and heating contractors liability policies.

I do know I won’t be hooking up a generator to any house as the potential to burn up an expensive ECM furnace motor or worse, cause a fire is too great.

Thank for all of the input!

Care to share this competitors info/website link?

Sure seems like alot of work for a small ROI. Personally i would say (as an HI), call me when you have utilities going …then i will do your inspection. But again thats just my opinion.