Tennessee Dept of Agriculture Renews Approval of InterNACHI's WDO Course

Tennessee Department of Agriculture approves InterNACHI’s free, online Wood-Destroying Organism Inspection Course for:

• 12 points in C07-Structural Pest Control;
  • 12 points in C10-Demo & Research; and
  • 12 points in C12-Pesticide Dealer categories for licensed professionals.
1 Like

InterNACHI owns Tennessee: www.nachi.org/tennessee

LOL We need some road work here , or you going to be a slum landlord Nick

1 Like

Where is the State requirement for Inspecting only? Just to fill out the Termite letter?

James Davis,
in TN, you need the same license as someone who sprays in order to do WDO during your home inspection. I know it sounds silly, but those are the rules in TN.

This is from the TN licensing website FAQ (Frequently asked Questions):

Q - "I want to start up a home inspection service for potential home buyers. I’d also like to be able to issue termite clearance letters and advise homeowners about controlling termites and other pests. Does TAPA require me to obtain any sort of license to do this?"

A - Wood destroying organism inspection reports may only be issued by firms that are chartered to provide wood destroying organism treatments. Reports must be issued on forms provided by the National Pest Control Association or the Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development. Such reports are to be warranted for 90 days, and persons knowingly issuing a false report are subject to legal action.

For complete details about getting licensed to do WDO letters, go to this link at the Tennessee Department of Agriculture Licensing division: Certification, Licensing and Charters

Got it thanks! Reply on other thread.

Hope all is well, Wayne. Take a drive in my province.
Lol. Road work. In QC, the CAA rated Quebec roads as the worst in Canada.

As always, great work, Ben.
Thank you for your continued hard work propelling InterNACHI to it’s rightful place in the North American home inspection industry.