Terminations of Grounding & Bonding Equipment

Joe,

I think that becomes an issue of " What are you gonna do "…I have heard many AHJ’s say based on the location of which the POCO is not required to re-locate that many AHJ’s err on the thought that atleast upgrading it makes it safer…even if clearance is not obtained.

The majority of meter’s are pulled by the POCO in VA, not everywhere but in most cases the electrician would never pull it so the clearance issue becomes a REAL issue for the POCO…and yes ofcourse for the electrician who someday has to work in that area…

Lord knows I probably would not FIT in that space…my belly would RUB the meter so bad it would not even be funny.

I think on the AHJ’s side it is an issue, this equipment is indeed subject to the AHJ’s inspection in it’s very nature but here is where the problem comes in and I hear it all the time…

The POCO has no intentions of relocating the service or it is too costly due to possibly underground feeds…or simply location so who fits the bill…sad event that COST ends up beating out SAFETY…but I am sure you see it all the time and i am sure that is the POCO’s stance on it…

Very true! Here’s another picture where tape was used for securing this meter can to this sign pole!

I wonder if its sunlight resistant?

http://64.136.25.164/666623_l.jpg

lolol…Joe I have to give you PROPS fella…you sure know how to find the good ones my friend.

Now maybe I am missing something but is that picture real or staged…I dont see any conductors going into it…are they in the pole itself?

I don’t remember? I took this picture a few years ago while in Elmira, NY for a seminar. I guess the wires were run either overhead, or underground, this was not a prop it was for real. If I ever get back there I will look again, this was near a Pizza Parlor near the airport.

lol…when you do get back up that way do not be surprised if the pizza parlor is no longer there…due to a fire from the pole down the street…amazing what is out there today.