Terrible service

YES HI,
I JUST TORE APART THIS ENTIRE WALL ASSEMBLY AND ONE OF YOUR “INSPECTORS” MISSED ALL OF THIS MOLD INSIDE THE WALLS, YOU WERE PAID TO FIND EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM IN THIS HOUSE, INCLUDING BEHIND THE WALLS!!!
I WILL SEE YOU IN COURT?!?!

Lol jk,
I just demoed one of my bathrooms today and found a pretty moldy corner behind the drywall.

I bought in August and inspected the house myself (of course), and planned on gutting the bathroom anyways.

I found a couple good things out about my 1973 house by opening the drywall, confirmed there’s wall insulation (looks like rockwool), and my water supply lines are copper (some areas had galvanized stubs at shut offs and PEX at the water heater so I wasn’t able to tell)

Cheers,

2 Likes

Bathroom is out of order! :smiley:

4 Likes

LOL! You are in trouble now, Patrick… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I should probably ask for my money back LOL

6 Likes

This unreasonable client sent me a message & my E&O told her no way, the mold was inside the wall/not visible.
She said wha? He "passed " this house.
Then she made a state complaint on my license.
They told her (after 3 months) there was no reason to hold me responsible.
I sent her a Christmas card later on… … …

You preformed a home inspection on the house I purchased. inspection was done in November.
I moved in February 1 and you passed the house. This week I started to paint in the master bedroom and found major problem behind the wallboard…mold and wall is completely gone looks like water leak from Master bathroom that’s been there a long time! They had cocked the wallboard down and sealed it in.
Should you have caught this issue being that it is mold and its been there for a very long time?
I’m concerned with what my rights are and if I should get a attorney involved? I’ve been in this home less then 6 weeks and I need some directions on what steps to take… I’m not going to eat all of this
damage! I’m completely freaking out!

3 Likes

I’ve had similar complaints, and was laughing to myself as I was pulling the bathroom apart because that’s how people tend to think and we tend to get all the blame for.

Also everyone knows a house can definitely pass or fail and it’s the home inspector who says so.

Cheers.

3 Likes

I love opening up older homes, and if I’m being honest, for some reason I get excited when I find stuff like this.

I never pass or fail any home! i simply report on its condition(s).

4 Likes

Exactly, Jeff! :+1:

1 Like

I disagree. We report the conditions/defects and explain them to the client. Then the client decides what he wants to do.

3 Likes

I had a lady tell me that she had an electrician tell her that her kitchen wiring was a “disaster” and why didn’t I tell her that when I inspected her house two years earlier. The electrician wanted $1500 to fix it.
I asked her, what did I say about the kitchen in my report. She said I said her house was perfect! I said, “Then, I didn’t inspect it and you should talk to whoever inspected it.”
She stuttered around as I explained that I’ve never seen a perfect home, so I could not have inspected it.
She called me back, and told me that she had found my report and I said the kitchen wiring was incorrect, but I didn’t say it was a “disaster”. I told her, that I still said it was bad, but I added that $1500 seemed high to me and she needed to call my electrician. I explained that while there might be something horribly wrong with the wiring; in a 30-year old house, it was rarely that bad.
She called me back and said she had told her electrician what I said, and he said he could fix it for $300. And then she thanked me.
Our business continues to be a funny one.

8 Likes

Haha, that’s what most seem to think! :grinning:

1 Like

I was saying it sarcastically.
Is there a sarcasm tag for these forums?
Reddit uses /s at the end of the sentence so everyone knows.

2 Likes

Dunno…

This guy can be used for sarcasm.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: