Texas

Originally Posted By: lwedige
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

SB818 http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/tlo/viewtext.cmd?LEG=78&SESS=R&CHAMBER=S&BILLENGINE=B&amp DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;BILLSUFFIX=00818&VERSION=1&ENGINE=B DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 would allow the requirement of 60 additional hours to bypass apprenticeship to be increased to 320 hours maximum.

HB3507 http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/tlo/viewtext.cmd?LEG=78&SESS=R&CHAMBER=H&BILLENGINE=B&amp DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;BILLSUFFIX=03507&VERSION=1&ENGINE=B DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 Currently, expired licenses may be renewed for up to one year without reexamination. Proposed legislation will require reexamination for all expired licenses.

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Larry,

What course do you have to take? Who's exam do you have to pass? Did your state make up their own or do you use someone else's?

Joe Myers

required.

E&O insurance is also not required.

A bill signed into law by the governor on June 11, 2003 which goes into effect September 1, 2003 makes Texas the first state to license mold assessors and remediators. http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/tlo/textframe.cmd?LEG=78&SESS=R&CHAMBER=H&BILLENGINE=B&amp DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;BILLSUFFIX=00329&VERSION=5&ENGINE=B

Originally Posted By: jhorton

That sounds a lot like becoming an Appraiser! Just different classes. And it is VERY HARD for a trainee appraiser to find someone to work for. No one wants to train their competition and thats what happens to most trainee’s once they get their License.

Jeff <*\><

The man who tells the truth doesn’t have to remember what he said.

Originally Posted By: wcampbell

I took the course offered by CELI/Texas A&M-Commerce http://www.vzinet.com/vzdesigns/celi/homeinspect.htm

This Ole House-Home Inspections

William A. Campbell TREC # 6372

Serving the Texas Coastal Bend

(361) 727-0602 (home)

(361) 727-0055 (office)

(361) 229-4103 (cell)

Will

Welcome to Nachi. I’ll be in Rockport Friday evening to watch the fireworks.

Larry

Thanks Larry, but I’m not a member yet. Hope to be soon. You’re coming all the way from S.A. just to watch Fireworks on Friday? At least you could tell me happy birthday. I’ll be 43. icon_eek.gif

(361) 727-0602 (home)

(361) 727-0055 (office)

(361) 229-4103 (cell)

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Happy Birthday Will!

Nick, 41

Thanks Nick, I’ll be 43 on the 4th. icon_eek.gif

(361) 727-0602 (home)

(361) 727-0055 (office)

(361) 229-4103 (cell)

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

A law that requires the creation of performance standards for residential construction and gives homeowners an alternative way to resolve disputes with their builders has been signed into law in Texas. H.B. 730 will create the Texas Residential Construction Commission, which will be responsible for registering homebuilders, overseeing the state-sponsored inspection and dispute resolution processes, and establishing warranty and performance standards for homes.

The nine-member group will include four registered builders, three public members, a licensed professional engineer, and a licensed architect or certified inspector. The new law will go into effect September 1, 2003, but the Governor will have until December to appoint the commission.

Scott Norman, vice president of government affairs and general counsel for the Texas Association of Builders, says his group supported the passage of the bill. Up until now, Norman says, Texas lacked a uniform building standard. Homeowners also had no recourse--other than costly litigation--against construction defects in their homes.

"The commission will initiate building and performance standards that all homes will be judged by," says Norman. "That, in turn, will raise the standard of uniformity in residential building to a higher level."

The commission's activities will be funded by a fee paid by builders to register each new or significantly remodeled home with the state.

NACHI members interested in filling the certified inspector seat on the commision should contact me.

Nick

hey Ya’ll just got this in :

Dear NAR Member:
NAR needs your support for its efforts to obtain an Emergency Stay of a recent rule promulgated by the FCC. Last month, the FCC amended its rules on unsolicited facsimile advertisements. The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) of 1991 prohibits unsolicited faxes and requires a person or entity to obtain the prior express invitation or permission from the recipient before transmitting unsolicited fax advertisement.

Since 1992, the FCC had ruled that an established business relationship, such as the one between a trade association and its members, constituted an express invitation or permission to receive an unsolicited fax. Now, however, the FCC has concluded that they had overstepped their interpretive authority and the existing business relationship no longer will be sufficient to show that an individual or business has given their express permission to receive unsolicited faxes advertisements. This express invitation or permission must be in writing and include the recipient?s signature. The FCC has indicated that these new rules would take effect thirty days after they published the formal rule. The rule was published on July 25 and therefore will take effect on August 25, 2003.

This new interpretation creates significant problems for REALTOR? relationships with clients, REALTOR? relationships with businesses, and state, local and national associations relationships with their own members.

NAR has already taken steps to address this inequity. In the first of a two-part action plan, NAR has submitted a Petition to the FCC for an Emergency Stay of the Facsimile Advertisement Rules. NAR will also be filing of a Petition for Reconsideration shortly, which is the formal process for seeking a withdrawal of this new rule and its expressed, written permission provision.

In order to impress upon the FCC the need for the emergency stay, NAR is asking you to let the FCC know that you support our efforts on your behalf. Please click HERE to see a copy of the Petition we filed with the FCC on Friday, Aug 1, 2003. NAR asks that you use the NAR Action Center to write to FCC and let the agency know you support the NAR Petition for an Emergency Stay.

Please click the "Take Action" button below to send a fax to the FCC now!

I believe this will inculde us too.

--
(361) 727-0602 (home)
(361) 727-0055 (office)
(361) 229-4103 (cell)

Originally Posted By: Richard Stanley

Maybe I am reading this wrong, but, why would I want to fight against a law that prohibits unsolicited fax transmission used for advertising???

Well one thing is that sending a fax to a real estate agent is a pretty inexpessive means of advertising. Maybe I’m wrong. Been wrong before. icon_wink.gif

(361) 727-0602 (home)

(361) 727-0055 (office)

(361) 229-4103 (cell)

Originally Posted By: Richard Stanley

Will, Why would you want to fax anything to a Realtor except a report. Believe me, if you do that you will get attention, but, not the kind I think you are wanting. They do not like the junk either.

Originally Posted By: mroach

TREC has implemented some new rules for inspectors. One of them is displaying the fact that there is a recovery fund. When I read it it appears that we are only required to do one of the 5 options.

Sec. 1102.364. NOTICE TO CONSUMERS

AND SERVICE RECIPIENTS. (a) Each inspector

shall provide notice to consumers and service

recipients of the availability of payment from the

fund for aggrieved persons:

(1) on a written contract for the inspector’s

services;

(2) on a brochure that the inspector distributes;

(3) on a sign prominently displayed in the

inspector’s place of business;

(4) in a bill or receipt for the inspector’s

services; or

(5) in a prominent display on the Internet

website of a person regulated under this chapter.

(b) The notice must include:

(1) the commission’s name, mailing address,

and telephone number; and

(2) any other information required by

commission rule.

What do you guy's think?

Mark

--
Mark Roach
A Professional Home Inspection
TREC# 6467
http://www.aprofessionalhomeinspection.com
"Your Best Protection is a Professional Home Inspection"
Klien Volunteer Fireman

Mark, when i first got my license, I called TREC legal Dept. and asked them about this. They told me that if the notice is displayed “at my place of business” then that is suffiecent.

I asked "what if my office is in my home "? She told me if that is my place of business, then that is where I can post it.

To me it’s sorta like telling everybody, “hey sue me, I am covered”.

My sign is right here above my desk, If a client wants to come to my office they are more than welcome. The coffee pot is always on.

(361) 727-0602 (home)

(361) 727-0055 (office)

(361) 229-4103 (cell)

Originally Posted By: mroach

Sounds good to me.

If you have your sign in a word document, would you mind emailing it to me?

Thanks'
Mark

--
Mark Roach
A Professional Home Inspection
TREC# 6467
http://www.aprofessionalhomeinspection.com
"Your Best Protection is a Professional Home Inspection"
Klien Volunteer Fireman

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

The Public Utility Commission (PUC) in Texas has a similiar requirement of the utility companies. Walk in to your local telephone company and chances are you’ll see it hanging on the wall.

If you've never threatened your local utility with a PUC compliant, you should try it one day if you want to make them very nervous.

--
Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

here ya go Mark. Straight from TREC:

http://www.trec.state.tx.us/pdf/Cifform.pdf

--
(361) 727-0602 (home)
(361) 727-0055 (office)
(361) 229-4103 (cell)