The biggest problem for this industry is Main Home Inspection Pricing!

When and where are the meetings?

Any person may receive notice of all meetings of the Ohio Home Inspector Board by sending a written request to Home Inspector Board, Division of Real Estate and Professional Licensing, 77 South High Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215-6133 or by email to ohib@com.state.oh.us or such other address as may from time to time be published on our website

Hey Chuck;
ROI = Return Of Investment?

Yes. Because a home inspection is an investment, not an expense item.

Thanks. I just wanted to know what the lettering stood for.

That (I think 12 homes + rentals) and saving/investing is why we’re retired. :smile:

We were blessed and my body knows it all too well.

2 Likes

Are you really retired Larry? Just please don’t retire from the forum. You’re a valuable asset.

2 Likes

Yes, Edwin, I am retired. Please see my signature.

And, thank you for the kind words. :smile:

Edit: P.S. I’m not going anywhere, Lord willing. :smile:

4 Likes

I’m stealing that! Yep!

I wish every inspector would. Then we’d see value based pricing vs. racing to be the cheapest and leastest.

Someone in Knoxville

1 Like

https://cbi-tn.net

It is good to know one’s worth… :nerd_face:

1 Like

Time for a ‘BUMP’ to this thread!!!

1 Like

I agree Jeff.

One item I struggle with, and its not just with home inspections, is the price of a service.
There’s no need to be the lowest priced inspector, especially in this economy. If things were tight, I could see some pressure to be very competitive. Some just don’t get that.

As has been said many times, there’s way too much to running a professional home inspection business.
Being the cheapest is a race to the bottom.

2 Likes

I just lost a 10,000 square foot commercial building inspection to a guy who did it for $500. That was after playing phone tag with a scrub agent for two weeks who scheduled with me first. The industry has become a joke.

Don’t fool yourself. Home Inspectors know the price of the service they provide no matter what the housing market dictates.

Little equipment.
Little time spent on site.
Basic Report published in an hour. Basic fees charged.
Do 2 or 3 inspections a day and tell me what you earn?

Don’t think small.

Charge more for what the average home inspector charges in your neck of the woods.
Deliver a very complete inspection package.
Learn how to sell your services like a professional.

*I bring $17,000 dollars in test and measurement equipment to every inspection. I charge more than the average inspection company because I deliver more!
Lets not forget. You get what you paid for.

2 Likes

Thats horrible. I’m getting almost that for a single wide Monday.

1 Like

A few inspectors here run island-wide for $250/inspection and their reports are garbage. Some of these inspectors are Internachi members.

I try using Thumbtack but it’s hard to get any jobs because of the low-ballers. I can’t seem to go low enough to get any jobs.

It shows that these low ball inspectors do not know anything about running a business or their costs. That’s why a lot of their reports are junk because they have to make up their costs with volume. Don’t play the low ball game. Stick to the price you need to MAKE MONEY and do a professional and thorough inspection.
You want your reputation based on the job you do, not on how cheap you will go.
Good Luck!

7 Likes