This week's (July 6, 2021) Tuesday Night Auction. Bid now

This week (July 6, 2021) Cozy Coats for Kids Tuesday Night Auction item is being provided by NickGromicko.com

It is a set of big, heavy antique wrenches: Antique Metal Wrench Set – Nick Gromicko
The perfect gift for a gearhead. They would look great on the wall of any man cave.

I would drill a hole at the top of each to hang on a wall in man cave or garage.

Non-InterNACHI members are welcome to bid.

Rules:

• Auction starts now and ends at 7PM MST (9PM EST) on Tuesday night.
  • Winner will be the post with the highest bid as of 7PM MST (9PM EST).
  • You can bid as many times as you’d like, as long as your new bid is higher than the previous bid.
  • Winner agrees to make a donation to the Cozy Coats for Kids charity for the amount they bid.
  • Winner’s company, company logo, and company contact info will be listed/promoted on the Cozy Coats for Kids’ Donors page forever… an added bonus for winning.
  • Inspector Outlet will contact the winner for shipping instructions (shipping included).
  • Maggie will contact the winner for payment.

Total approximate value of this item with shipping: $170.

1 Like

I bid five dollars.

I’ll bid $10.00, if the auction for these knuckle busters is still open.

They remind me of a set of knuckle busters, a lead machinic at Elmhurst Dairy, truck mechanic Earl, that lived above my 2 fiends, when I started wrenching automobiles with at 19 years old would lend us.

I ended up buying that car, an automatic, 1967 - 2 Door Mercury Cougar, 302 cu in (4.7 L) Windsor V8, the stroked version of the 289, with 4-barrel carburetor, center console and shifter. Unfortunately I let it go and the car was scraped 12 months later. I blew the frost plugs that winter and could not afford rebuilding the mill/engine myself or have it rebuilt in Verdun.

I barked my knuckles countless times to the bone, until I learned to wrench and hold the wrenches properly as not to loose grip of the nut you were torqueing loose and bark your knuckles.

Earl was a very nice, kind, and wise old man. He took his time training. Never lost patents. He let the enthusiastic teenage use his old set but graduated students to his working tools if you stuck around and he trusted you with his Snap-On’s…

We rebuilt engines on my friends kitchen table. What a bloody mess yet after every rebuild the kitchen was cleaned spotlessly.

Damn…I can still hear his wife calling him in for supper of the back fire escape balcony and him replying, I’m not hungry. Thank you. When I am, I will make something to eat. When she went in the apartment he would tell us she was a terrible cook. That is why he was so slender. Lol.

I’ll bid $10.00, and challenge all members that wrench for a hobby to bid.

Twenty bucks

I’ll bit $30.00

I’m in for $40

2 Likes

I’ll go $50.00

@wbernauer wins! I’ll email you about the next steps. :smiley:

2 Likes

What a great cause. Once again I will double my donation to $80.

3 Likes

WTG, Walter. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

More old stuff!

3 Likes

Thanks again Walter.

1 Like

I built a crate to ship to you:

2 Likes

Are you gonna build a garage for the Tonka truck?? :wink:

1 Like

Should have just drove it out to me Nick!