Times running out! Get a new mower now!

2 Likes

From the article…

"The ban on lawn and garden equipment would include any machine that uses “a spark ignition engine rated at or below 19 kilowatts or 25 gross horsepower.”

So you just gotta buy a mower with a bigger than 25hp motor. No problem. See two options below.

For the big yard.

For the small yard.

8 Likes

Have no fear. I like my electric mower. It is quiet, clean and capable with little maintenance required. I also have an electric chainsaw, string trimmer, edger, and back-pack blower. I have found all of these to be a joy to use.
I can work early or late without disturbing any neighbors.

7 Likes

But when the grid goes down. . . .

Wussie Girly Man… :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :wink:

2 Likes

I love mine also. I bought an electric mower and trimmer last year and they both work great. Every bit às good if not better than all of the different gas mowers and trimmers I’ve owned over the years. And so quiet! Also I don’t smell like a lawnmower (gas) when I’m finished working in the yard.

3 Likes

I have the cordless trimmer/edger/leaf blower, etc, they’re a few years old, and all run great. Same batteries fit 2 of my cordless drills. I also have a mini cordless chainsaw for cutting slabs when at the mill, works great.

My John Deere mower is gas, and my Husqvarna 455 Rancher is gas. Need those on an acreage. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I mow about 3 acres of lawn. And, well, sometimes I miss a week or two. So sometimes mowing can be like cutting hay. We also have a lot of big oak and walnut trees, and my policy is if the fallen branches and other debris fit under the deck, or if I can somehow drive over them, they get mulched, lol.

I don’t see a battery powered mower in my near future.

7 Likes

Send me some logs! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will do!

About 10 years ago I was making a pasture in the area where the previous owner of our home had planted about 100 black walnut trees, all in rows. I needed more sun to get to the ground to support the pasture grass so I cut down about half of the walnuts. All were about 14" diameter trunks and straight lengths of at least 10-12 feet.

I put them up on Craigslist for about a year trying to find a buyer, but no takers. Nobody even came to look. Ended up turning em into firewood for my shop stove. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Ya’ll need this:

3 Likes

:cry:

3 Likes

That’ll be my next purchase for lawn mowers. LOL

3 Likes

When the grid goes down I don’t think my lawn will be my highest priority. :laughing:

4 Likes

𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓹𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝔂𝓪𝓻𝓭 𝓽𝓸𝓸𝓵𝓼, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓹𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓻𝔂 𝓽𝓸𝓸𝓵𝓼, 𝓭𝓻𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓼, 𝓬𝓲𝓻𝓬𝓾𝓵𝓪𝓻 𝓼𝓪𝔀, 𝓶𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓪𝔀, 𝓽𝓪𝓫𝓵𝓮 𝓼𝓪𝔀, 𝓮𝓽𝓬, 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓴 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽 :grinning:

4 Likes

Same here Bert.

I’ve had my Toro 60 volt electric mower for two years now and would rate it far above my gas powered mower for a number of reasons. Both are Toro mulchers with the same deck.

I also have the 60 volt Toro edger, trimmer, blower, chainsaw and pole saw.

I still haven’t pulled the trigger on the snowblower yet because I can’t justify spending $600.00 for something I might only use once or twice a year, but when and if the time comes, hands down it’ll be the Toro electric snow blower.

I decided to go with Toro because I’ve had Toro lawn mowers for many years. Another thing I found, to my surprise, was that the electric powered tools are much more powerful than their gas powered counterparts.

2 Likes

I would rather these be implemented (Required) before banning.
BlueCAT™ SSI (Small Spark-Ignition Engines) Catalytic Converter (nettinc.com)

It might be a small yard, but you will still need a horse to drag that around!

1 Like