Two GFCI Receptacles on one circuit

I’m sure this has been answered here before, but I couldn’t find it by searching. Is there a problem with more than one GFCI receptacle on a circuit? Every once in a while I run across a situation where there is two GFCI receptacles on one circuit. Only one of them will trip. I don’t know it’s the most upstream or downstream one.

Its kinda like wearing 2 rubbers. You dont really need to, but it sure wont hurt anything.

HA HA! That’s the best analogy I’ve heard in a while.

I need to add that to my narratives! :stuck_out_tongue:

Public side.

Doesn’t everyone have that in their narrative already? Or just me?

Next question? :smiley:

It will work but IMO it is very poor design due one or other can trip depending on it set up.

{ also if both GFCI are line feeded or line/load feeded set up it can change a bit }

Merci,Marc

As an alternative answer…

It’s like wearing a belt & suspenders. You don’t really need to, but is sure won’t hurt anything.

Yes. Much more PC…lol :o

On a recent inspection I did there were two GFCI’s on one circuit. They each were in the bathrooms and they also protected one of the receptacles in the garage. When I used my tester to trip the circuit from the garage, both GFCI’s tripped.

SCUMBAG!

LOLZ…whoever you are, may you grow the balls you need to be a man, someday.

Love,

Russell

Bad day???

I don’t get it?:shock:

Two GFCI Receptacles on… 6/27/08 5:06 PM They are a S C U M B A G!S C U M B A G!S C U M B A G!S C U M B A G!

I got the same message…someone left it and unsigned. that was what i was referring to a couple posts up.

It made me laugh.

Two GFCI Receptacles on…6/27/08 10:50 PMs c u m b a g -back at ya

Made me chuckle too. Neither green nor red. Whoever left it, missed the message with me, because I really didn’t understand what he/she was telling me.

One for the left foot. One for the right foot.

When they are not wired to control downstream receptacles, only the one outlet will trip not shutting off any other receptacles.

Seen double GFCI’s several times, home owner didn’t like the idea of having to go to the powder room down stairs to reset every time his wife tripped it from the master bath with her hair dyrer, curling iron, and curlers. Could find nothing saying this is not proper.