Undersized Purlins

Hello All ! How would you call this. I did a builder’s house and the purlins were smaller then the rafters. The house was built in 2000 and we are in Texas. Should I call this a repair or just note it.

I report as repair when I’ve inspected in Corpus and all other portions of Texas.

If the structure lies within wind storm zones there should be an engineer of record Wind Storm certificate filed with TDI.
Certs should be provided online.
My experiences with the engineers is they are less then diligent in their duties and sign off on blatant infractions like or worse than you describe.

You MUST be assured of what you are reporting and be able to back it up as this can greatly affect insurability/occupancy/sales