Vinyl Siding - new unseen discolouration, input?

I agree with you there, just felt different to me somehow. Most homes here are vinyl as well. Many people neglect to clean them, hence why the uniform of the marks threw me off.
Ill note it with respect to monitoring the discoloration or when the weather warms to clean properly.

Much appreciated to you all : @tglaze @jfudge @sbridges2 @dfonda have a great evening and stay safe!

3 Likes

You’re welcome, Evan. How’s thing going in NB? We’ll meet up some day, when things get under control! :slight_smile:

1 Like

And if you have ever removed vinyl siding, it is filled with lady bugs and other insects, and when you wash the house some of that comes out of the weep holes.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more !! all the hidden gems seem to poor out at one time ! :joy:

2 Likes

The spray on and hose off stuff does not work that well, it still needs to be scrubbed.

1 Like

Hey Junior , thanks again.
Yes a beer on a patio sounds like a great idea, once things calm down again. Things are well otherwise slowly picking up again after the holidays, although we just re-entered RED the other day, with the looming chance of another Lockdown if things dont start to settle down.
How are things your side ?

1 Like

agreed, needs the RV treatment with a semi soft brush

2 Likes

Great thanks, cases are low still. I deal with clients buying up some properties in NB. I’ll pass your info on to them. Do you cover Saint John area?

And some new shutters, LOL. :grinning: and she will look new again.

1 Like

damn , I thought they were new Art deco passage style

1 Like

Note to myself; Buy this. Mix in small spray bottle. Take on inspections for occasions like this.
Vinyl cleaner

Good info and thanks to all for furthering our education!!

3 Likes

Just spit on it and rub it. LOL :grinning:

3 Likes

I could get sued for violating Covid protocols… :crazy_face:

3 Likes

hahaha the COVID police would love that one … ill use snow until the summer :joy:

3 Likes

Good idea !! Think ill come up with something as well to avoid this headache in the future.

Thanks again everyone - time to finalize the report

STAY SAFE

3 Likes

I agree with the washing siding poor job fellas.

I power washed my house a few years ago and that showed up here and there. I hit it quick again with the power washer and all was good.

3 Likes

I have seen this before. Ask if the owner had pest control services. I have gone to several homes where technicians have sprayed for spiders and seen the same pattern. Some products will actually damage the siding, and some will leave stains like those in your pictures. Notice the stains are in the creases of the siding. Shows a pattern for treating spiders.

1 Like