Wa. State Dept. of Licensing: "Home Inspector" page created

I could not agree more. To top it off, there are no educational requirements and no testing required to become a general contractor. Just put up a bond and liability insurance, pay the license fee and you are a “contrakter”.

Our QUEEN governor needs to cover that billion plus dollar budget shortfall somehow. B & O Taxes are probably next, and on it will go. The license fee is probably at least one of the highest in the nation, like our gas tax, sales tax, property taxes, and just wait until they push throiugh a income tax. Washingtin state is one of the highest taxed states, so hang on for a rough ride, it ain’t going to get any better.

Time to look for a more business/tax friendly state!!!

Steven

You shouldn’t get me started…:smiley:

You forgot about the idea of tolling all the major roadways…Our elected leaders want us out of our cars, and instead using some form of mass transit.

I am waiting for them to install ladder racks on the buses, so I don’t have to drive my truck anymore. :roll:

…and what about the voter 9 cent a gallon gas tax that the politicians begged for, because we had a crisis with the Viaduct in Seattle? People still drive on it today, but when they were campaiging for the funds they acted like it was so unsafe that it should be shut down and replaced.

I am sure that money is being squandered in ways we could not even imagine.

Ugh…

And in Montana when the State received more than it needed in revenues, what did they do?..they sent a check back to the tax payers. :shock:

That would never happen here. When we have budget surpluses, those get quickly spent by Olympia on things like the fish sculptures on the overpass on I-90 and other such ridiculous junk.

…Well I better stop there.