Warped vinyl siding

I can feel your pain, David. You can buy them books and buy them more books and all they want to do is look at the pictures.

Dave

If you guys put all that in a report it is sure to confuse the poor client trying to make a fast purchase decision.

Reminds me of a food scientist being interviewed on a radio show last week with the guy being asked if the pink slime being added to the ground beef in schools now (approved ) is dangerous.
20 minutes later with the guy getting all scientific the poor radio host still had no idea.

That’s why you should limit your reports to 80 pages Bob. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s different as my reports are HIP with searching made easy and lots of photos.
Inspector speak is tough no mater how many pages.

Guess you do not get it.

This home is in Fort Dodge, Iowa. 42° 29’ 51" N / 94° 10’ 4" W
The siding appeared to be sucked in rather than bowed out.
Don

Um, OK David. Got it. Focused light doesn’t produce heat.

Lets just quit twisting terminology around. We all know that light is from heat, and heat produces light.

My only point is that all this crap is about the frequency of the light that is causing the problem, not focused heat onto the siding.

The fact that reflection, absorption and emissivity can melt the siding, not light passing through a window like a magnifying glass is the point.

Just trying to broaden your conceptual thinking. Not argue your terms of speech.

I don’t think that we need to bring in physics and Planck’s law.

I contributed physics to this conversation, you have contributed magnifying glasses and pictures.

Did you miss the point that most of the energy causing the siding damage can not be seen in the visible spectrum of light? DO you not know that the greatest source of energy of the electromagnetic spectrum is just beyond the color red in the visible light? How can you take a picture of this when it’s not visible? Notice that the light is not on the damaged area of the siding in your photograph? Maybe you need to talk with Sir William Herschel.

Sir William Herschel.jpg

I am a little embarrassed to admit that this mystery has puzzled me for some time. My vinyl siding is also warping, and it is right next to some very reflective windows. I had no idea that was the cause of the damage. I guess I will have to replace my windows before I fix the siding.

http://www.starksiding.com/siding

Replace them with what?

That, sir, was impressive.