Water heater question

clambert1,

1. DSA have significant influence far beyond schools (important as school safety & design is). DSA are regarded as a bench mark to be ignored at a contractors legal peril.

Jeff Pope,
2. California Government Seismic Safety Commission issued a pamphlet:
“Seismic California Government publication CSSC 2002 - 2003”
“In all cases, flexible gas connectors should be used to connect appliances to the natural gas supply.”

Its not code but its unignorable.

However, in contradiction, I now see that UPC 1212.1 allows “rigid metal” for gas appliance connectors.

Tom,

Taken directly form the CA DSA web site—

The Division of the State Architect provides design and construction oversight for K–12 schools, community colleges, and various other state-owned and leased facilities. The Division also develops accessibility, structural safety, and historical building codes and standards utilized in various public and private buildings throughout the State of California.

http://www.dgs.ca.gov/dsa/Home.aspx

Where does it say residential codes or standards or enforcement?

Clambert2,
Thank you for that information.
Although, with respect, i never specified residential or any other type of enforcement. DSA’s pamphlet and their term in the title of the pamphlet is “Residential Water Heaters”.

I also note that your quote contains:
“The Division also develops … structural safety … codes and standards … in … private buildings”.

Understood - no argument here. However, this thread is referring to the water connectors, not the gas connector.