Flexible Connection for Water Heaters

Hi everyone,

What’s your opinion on flexible gas connectors (stainless steel, brass or others) used for water heaters. Some inspectors in my state always write it up and some don’t. What do you think and are there any written code articles on this subject, either UPC or International Residential Code?


We require them in my area due to earthquake concerns.



Good info, thanks david