Water heater thingamajig

What is this on the cold water inlet? My guess was some kind of vacuum break/anti siphon device, am I right?

Thanks in advance.




WAG -Quick shut-off valve

No TPR piping?

PVC potable water piping?

I’m assuming you mean like a push-type, no? That top part didn’t move and/or was part of the fitting.

What’s that? The plumber’s don’t know and neither do I :wink:

It’s Pex. That elbow is a “stackable” push-type fitting…

Had some time to follow-up/research this morning, tis a vacuum breaker: http://www.menards.com/main/plumbing/water-heaters/parts-accessories/vacuum-breaker-valve-for-lifetime-electric-water-heaters/p-200690.htm

Some more info http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbing/where-do-install-vacuum-relief-valve-cold-water-supply-line-h2o-tank-437949.html

Looks like the installation pic that I posted is wrong. Anybody know of any manufacturer requirements for these (Richmond)?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Intended as sarcasm, Nathan, hence the winking smiley face at the end of the reply (meaning that I hardly ever see proper discharge piping around here).

wh is a richmond not the brass device, it has it’s mfr. data stamped on it that i can’t read

it’s not a watts n36 which is all i’ve seen