Welcome to my marketing thread.

I don’t know where to begin.

But something someone said on another thread reminded me that long ago, people painstakingly listed all the “begats” (steps) it took to get to the big miracle.

What point were they trying to make with all that?

IMHO they were trying to show that for anything miraculous to happen, a bunch of little things have to be first done correctly. Each one is important.

Now, let’s see if we can create a little marketing miracle.

Let’s look at things in the context of today’s housing market.

If I blindfold you and ask you to shoot beer cans with a .22, you aren’t going to be able to do it, even if you are a good shot. You simply can’t see the targets.

In the past, home inspectors couldn’t see their targets either. No one but real estate agents knew who the buyers were, so we were forced to rely on real estate agents.

Times have changed.

We simply can’t wait around for Betty Goodagent to call us on the phone and tell us she has a buyer that needs an inspection. She doesn’t have any buyers.

So then, in this current real estate market, there are 3 questions to be asked…

1. Are there any targets to hit?
  2. Can we see these targets?
  3. How do we hit them?

Answer to #1: Yes, more than ever.
Answer to #2: Yes, clearly.

to be continued…

Nick,
Congratulations on your 11,000 Post.

It was a Good One!

Really? How can I find out how many posts I’ve made?

upper right under location

Like Bob said … look to the upper right had side of the “Post” right under your “Green Reputation Squares”

User Name: gromicko

Thanks for the translation Frank.
The ways of your people are new and strange to me.

Let’s look at a few of our juicy targets:

• Sellers
  • Foreclosures
  • Home owners
  • New construction
  • Consumers having remodeling or repair work done
    Buyers and agents are still targets but not very “juicy” for 2 reasons:
  1. Every other inspector is already bombing them to death.
    *]They don’t generate many inspections in this current market.

**But to get back to the beer can and 22 thing for a minute …considering You are probably busy emptying your targets as You need them ( the beer cans)…the proper weapon of choice when blindfolded would be a 12 gage pump…a little tough on the deck railings but much more effective on the cans …:shock: **</IMG>

I prefer the devastating hand grenades.

and…

I for one am waiting with baited breath,(no I’m not chewing on anchovies, hehe) I’m sure others are also. This is one of the longest dramatic pauses in history.:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Thread drift after 8 post. That might be a record. :slight_smile:

didn’t mean to take it in a different direction…I’m ready for some marketing and sorry for the drift,…it’s up to You now Nick…

Let’s hit the sellers first.

From a marketing perspective, what is the big difference between buyers and sellers?

Buyers are invisible. Even their own agents are prohibited from revealing who they are.

Sellers on the other hand have big signs in their yards.

95% of our work is done with regard to sellers in that finding them is easy. They’re trying to be noticed. We now have our first target and we have the target in our sights and our finger is on the trigger.

and then ???

Good post Nick!

Don’t forget to have plenty of business cards and hand them out to anyone and everyone. I usually give them 2. That way they can give one away or if they misplace one they have another!

sorry didn’t mean to steal your thunder

There are two shots we can take to try to hit the seller:

We can go through the listing agent (if there is one) or we can go direct to the seller.

So what do you do when there isn’t a seller. Lets say the Bank has it. How do you approach that. The only way I can think of to do that around here is to market realtors again, since the banks hire them to list them.

Because bank owned homes out number owner occupied homes here, big time.