What are these spots in attic?

Barry,

The rotted areas are pretty obvious.

When Nick posted his pic and asked “What are these spots”, I’m pretty sure he was referring to the mud dauber nests, and not the rotted wood.

If Nick doesn’t know what rot is, he needs to get involved in some iNACHI courses.

Does this mean I can’t collect my early Xmas bonus? :wink:

i agree with David, if you look towards the back, there are a couple with the tubes intact, they are the color of concrete because most of their material is coming from the powdered mortar, off the brickwall in the background, but when it dries out, it just falls off the rafters. That’s my story, and I’m sticking with it!

I’m glad you’ve figured that out (on your own) Barry.

Those spots (that Nick are asking about) are definitely Mud Dauber Nests. No questions asked.

Also, I have no idea why Nick posts something here and then ignores the remainder of the thread.

Ricky,

You claim to be… http://www.acchomeinsp.com/images/ia2-all.jpg

If you can’t tell the difference between Mold, Rot and Mud Dauber nests, you should seriously think about going back to school.

We are Bashing now ha!!! I don’t Clain to be, I am IAC2 certified are you?

Let me say; The wood rot is evident! and moisture intrusion leads to mold. Nick didn’t say what are the white spots in his post. You all are referring to one picture and there were two pictures in the post. White and Green spots.
Mold comes in every color of the rainbow. I am not saying the white spots arn’t daublers. I am saying I can see potental mold in the pictures.

Maybe You should go to school my freind!

Look at the darker picture. upper left hand side the darker area.

Ricky Boy,

Did you take your meds this morning?

If you did, then it’s pretty obvious that you need to go see your psychologist…

I would be more concerned with the missing ridge board [second photo] than with the spots.

Your not worth it!

David writes:

Sorry David, I really didn’t look at the pictures I posted until just now. A member (on this thread) asked me to post them for him as he couldn’t figure out how to post the pics himself. I’d say they are mud wasps.

Mario,

I’ve seen many older homes with no ridge board whatsoever. I really wouldn’t be concerned with that chunk of board missing.

Oh my GOD…he’s alive.

Thanks Nick.

Please stop bothering me and go find someone else who actually cares.

Your a worthless POS.

Can someone tell me how to report this guy?

Remember, debate is not only welcomed it is encouraged. Personal attacks for reasons of race, religion, sexual orientation, et cetera, or postings, which are profane or are meant to defame our membership, will not be tolerated. Offending parties may be asked to change their post, or may be permanently banned from this board. Nonmember guests are welcome posters at this board, but please remember you are a guest and act accordingly.

Agreed David, however it will get mentioned in my report.

Rick,

What would you like to report?

Absolutely.

My reports get so full of information, half of it is just precautionary. I report every little detail, just as you would.

Mario,

Some people simply try to get attention here because they can’t get it at home. I love the ignore feature.