what do YOU see?

Originally Posted By: mjones1
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Ok what do you see?

This is just for fun. from a house I inspected last week.

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/usrimages/Untitled-15.jpg

Mike

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Cotton candy and a duct with a negative pitch.

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Originally Posted By: ftingle

Some floor insulation laying on the ground and a duct with no insulation. Also some unsupported wires.

Originally Posted By: rpasquier

I see a fricking mess.

A dryer vent with a negative pitch, I see a post that looks like it is most likely in direct contact with the underlying soil, I see insulation hanging down, that needs to be put back in place, I see insulation that looks like it is in direct contact with the ground and will wick moisture up into the flooring, I see vapor barrier that should be cut off the post and layed on the ground around the post, because bare soil is showing and the moisture that wicks up the vapor barrier will rot the post. I see unsupported wiring that should at least have some sort of hanger to support it, same with the vent pipe, it should be supported with more then just duct tape.

That post really bugs me for some reason, and not just the fact that it looks like it is touching the ground with concrete poured around it to keep it in place, it's got wet spots on it, or at least moisture stains.

Other then that, it looks OK..... ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

There's probably more that I missed, but that's the major stuff that I see.

For some reason I don't think that this picture gives the whole picture here...LOL

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

I see that I am glad I no longer live in an area that has crawl spaces! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted By: dvalley

I’m with Blaine, very few crawl spaces here in Massachusetts. My low crawling days were in the military.

Does that support post have the proper footing? Looks like someone encased some concrete around the base of it.

Please don't tell me that that aluminum flex vent is combustion venting!

Everything else was already mentioned.![](upload://yehyMS8bacC3j7qtIevbtkNCVM.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Florida doesn’t have crawl spaces? Your kidding right?

NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: mjones1

The post- is sitting on a pier block sunken into the ground and the bottom of the post is rotten and compressing around the top of the pier block. icon_eek.gif

Insulated water pipes are no longer in use and half lying on the ground.

Everything else you got

Mike