What is the #1 Thing That Will Guarantee Success Over Time?

Definitely a business plan is a must.

These are all EXCELLENT answers! Nick is looking for one answer in particular for the purposes of this discussion. It will require thinking outside the box a little. A couple clues for today…someone is going to get this.

1. So far Kevin Leonard is the closest with saying ‘being the best that you can be everyday.’
  2. The answer really lies on the website-
    www.acupunctureboulderco.com
    What is the theme of this website about? The answer is NOT Acupuncture.
  3. If you don’t have this, you won’t have business, a family or a life.
  4. It is the most underrated, yet most important.
    Best answer gets a prize, will be announced tomorrow. This is just a fun little contest to help everyone grow, learn and further educate each other. :slight_smile:

A Balanced Lifestyle.

So, the answer is based on Nick’s opinion, and not scientific FACT. Got it.

Being dedicated to providing the best you can

To consistently strive to improve yourself mentally and physically to be the best you can be.

To relax and re energize mentally, physically and spiritually.

Don’t wait for the storm to pass learn to dance in the rain

A bad attitude is like a flat tire you can not go any where unless you change it

These two are my business motos and I have been successful for the past 52 years.

Nick is going to have to get his own these are already taken:p

balance grasshopper

And the winner is…Kevin Leonard. His answer was,

What is the #1 Thing that will Guarantee Success over time? The answer is HEALTH! This is the most underrated but highly important aspect of job success, family success and life success. If you don’t have your health, you will not have your life. Of course there are no “guarantees” in life, but two things come from health and you need both of them in the inspection industry:

1. Physical health-for climbing on roof tops, in crawl spaces, ladders, etc.
  2. Mental Alertness-to be alert to deal with customers, REALTORs, inspecting, writing reports, and keeping energy throughout your day.

Our industry is different than other industry because we need both physical and mental health. A chess player only needs mental alertness. A ditch digger only needs physical strength. We’d like to start promoting health to our members. Amy will have a number of free article links about health on our forum. She also has a Health and Wellness book for sale for $9.99 on our site at this link: www.inspectoroutlet.com/health-and-wellness.aspx In addition, if you or your family has any health issues and would like a consultation, she will be offering phone consultations.

Thanks Nick and Amy.

:smiley:

Taking care of yourself physically. Realize your limits.

Know your limits–four beers or two margaritas…

y’all are funny!! :slight_smile:

And laughing is just as important, especially at ones own self. :D:D

Most don’t stop to smell the roses but as for health this family has learned to appreciate every moment. The wife beat T cell lymphoma with a bone marrow transplant and after that she beat breast cancer. She is now undergoing therapy for a shoulder joint replacement. She gave me prostrate cancer;-) and I have beat that.

If you guys and gals are healthy enjoy the moment because it can be short lived:D:D:mrgreen:

Charley has learned to Dance in the rain??? And on the roof tops

A phone constantly ringing, which means that you do the right thing with the marketing, promotion and so on.:):slight_smile:

The belief that if you do something well, treat others well…it will come back to you. I guarantee that it will.

The answer is at the bottom in my signature line, in green.

It works for all aspects of life

This should be Nick’s:

Recognize opportunity

“Most people do not recognize opportunity because it goes around wearing overalls and looking like hard work” Thomas Edison

Don’t be lazy…when it is a little more difficult go the extra mile.