What is The Average Income of a Home Inspector?

The answer is here.

They left out Uber Inspector. :wink:

The article implies to the unsuspecting reader that we NET 100% of our GROSS. The writer doesn’t have a clue about business costs and operational fees.

I want to be a Super Inspector!:humph::cry::cry:

Do they drive the H2 or the H3?:wink:

Those same home inspection insiders that created the Super Inspector, have created an H5 for them to teleport to and from forensic scenes.:wink:

All you need is…

:mrgreen:

That’s reserved for Mike Holmes. :mrgreen:

someone needs to tell you this John, but since you made the Forbes Lists we don’t really consider you to be a home inspector :wink:

Gerry

Where can I take a class to be a “certified super inspector”? :slight_smile:
Do they give those out to guys that drive a Prius?

Linus is a Super Inspector,so they do exist.

He has that iphone,Mac computer,Super Truck and Infra Red Camera,plus Gary Colman in his Avatar and web site of the year.
Just waiting for his marketing course…:slight_smile:

Though what they call Super Inspector fees is average around here.

http://texas-inspection.com/superman.jpg

There are estimated to be 16,000 home inspectors in the United States, roughly one for every 19,000 people. The cost of an average home inspection tends to be $225-$300 depending on your location. The price for a 20 year old 2,000 foot home inspection in San Francisco will be much higher than one in Guntersville, AL. One trend that will usually hold true is the cost will usually run about .2% of the selling price of the home: $150K home - $300, $500K home - $1,000. The industry average in 2007 was 171 inspections per year - so to answer your question. The average income of a standard “legacy” traditional visual home inspector is $45,000.

Hmmmmmmm, so why will you use set pricing again? Oh that’s right, you feel that is discriminating.:mrgreen::mrgreen::slight_smile:

Well, if $45K per year is enough for you, by all means, continue to base your fees on the sales price. . .

[size=4][size=4]
[/size][/size]…:wink:

Whatever it is it isnt enough.

Ditto.

“The industry average in 2007”

Interesting how, just because I do something different than you, you like to harass me for it.:wink:

Anyway thanks and have a great day.

Inspectors could get their incomes up by taking the diligence with which they stick to their system of inspecting homes (starting on the outside first, then… etc.)… and applying that diligence to their marketing system (stop in and speak with at least x agents every week, mailing letters to sellers on Wednesday, etc.).

Have you established your marketing system?

Dude, I have beaten 3 horse’s dead trying to market to sellers with approved letters by you.:slight_smile:

I will stick with talking to agents.