The ultimate "how much are you currently earning" thread

1. How much do you charge per inspection and what do you include?

2. How many inspections do you do per week/month?

3. What is your marketing strategy to clients/agents?

No I’m not the IRS lol. I’m just a beginner trying to decide on a career. I’m curious to see how business is currently going for you guys. Also, I know this is very market dependent. I feel like where I’m at, SLC, is a very good one.

Join InterNACHI first and you might get a few answers. But even then I would not depend on them.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t you depend on them?

Are saying people put ‘untruths’ on the interweb??

2 Likes

You forgot to ask how much they bench.

1 Like

Now that would be a shocker. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

“how much does a home inspector earn annually?”

Generally, between $0 and $200k annually would be my best guess. (Emphasis on $0)

I don’t believe anyone is going to give you their specific earnings.

4 Likes

This is the second thread where this non-member has been fishing for everyone’s income. I would proceed cautiously.

Can you tell me what it is you do and how much money you make or are being paid per year to do this?

3 Likes

What?? are we supposed to charge for inspections?? On a positive note, I am booked every day!

3 Likes

I charge, therefore I am… an inspector

2 Likes

After a 2 1/2 hour 12 month warranty inspection how much do I make? Cash is king. How many do I do a year? None of your business!

Your turn.

1 Like

I can’t answer for y’all, but i’d be best if you were to invest in a few mattresses to hide all the loot if’n you get my drift. Stuffin’ mattresses wit Benjamin’s is a bitch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m an ubereats and Grubhub driver. Earn between 35k and 40k a year usually. I’m looking into home inspection or appraising as a career.

And what do you know about home and building construction, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical?

1 Like

None. That’s why I am going through training. I’ve been told that home inspection has an insane amount of gatekeeping.

Not much more than any other business. Your mileage will vary depending on the state.

29.95…any house any color, no ups and no extras…

5 Likes

Gatekeeping by who?

1 Like