What is this fitting called?

In a crawlspace and i found this cast iron fitting with 6 total pipes entering. I cant seem to find the name of this on the Nachi plumbing section or on youtube. Any ideas or thoughts? Its in a 1958 south florida home. thanks everyone in advance.

I think its called a sanitary cross but I could be wrong. Waiting to hear from the other guys

1 Like

Your exact may no longer be available…

Nice to see you back on our forum, Alexander!..Enjoy! :smile:

1 Like

You just explained the fitting, partially.
The material? Cast Iron.
Plumbing drain pipe for what? DWV or Sanitary waste?

4" Cast Iron Hub and Spigot sanitary 6 way multi circumference 4" & 3" sanitary fitting.

That is a cast iron bell and spigot sanitary cross with same side openings. All other descriptions above are just a guess.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this PDF I saved it to my computer

It is sanitary waste and you are correct it is cast iron. Thanks for your input, I am being pointed in the right direction.

1 Like

Thanks @mwilles @dvandermeulen it is a type of sanitary cross the exact style may not be in production anymore. I’m so used to Wye’s and Tees this is a monster piece of cast. Thanks everyone.

1 Like

Here’s another one for you that is actually more useful for unique components… with actual photos of the component. These are typically used in Multi-story, and should be in your files for reference also.

2 Likes

Thank you Mr Jonas. I went ahead and saved this one too!

1 Like

I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me determine if this pipe has an issue. I am practicing with a new sewer scope at my sister’s home and i came across about 20-25 feet of pvc that appears to be completely submerged. Could this be normal or a possible result of some kind of sagging pipes? I appreciate any thoughts on it. Not sure the best way do send you the video. I do have it on my google drive. Many thanks. from 45 seconds to 120 seconds the camera is submerged as I pull the cable slowly back.

It looks like after a set of offsets the section of pipe is filled with water. I didn’t see blockage so it can be assumed the pipe isn’t graded to drain. This may have been caused when backfilling the pipe without a proper bed of gravel. Poor workmanship for sure and it will need correction. When video scoping pipe you should run water from the house and see a small layer of free flowing water throughout. The pool of churning crap in that water almost made me lose my breakfast🙂. I never was a sewer rod plumber and never will be.

1 Like

Bellies or sags are common with drain pipe that wasn’t supported or installed correctly. They can also form when erosion washes away the supporting substrate (leaks, breakage, run-off, etc.).

1 Like

thanks @mwilles @ddagostino the sagging pipes were my initial thought. thanks for the running water tip and sorry about grossing you out lol.

1 Like