What is this?

I found this below a 2nd floor master bathroom sink about as far away from the water heater as you can get. The home was built in 2015.

The cap says Wilkens Zurn Company.


Thank you.

what dis.jpg

Mixing valve for 2 handled tub faucet look up ASSE 1070. It’s required in IRC 2012

Assuming from the microscopic picture.

You nailed it Chuck. Thank you for the input. Now I am learning how they work.