What type service is this?

The fact that the conduit fitting has that wedge shaped gland in it makes me think immediately that this is on one of the higher up floors. They use those to keep the wire from pulling out under its own weight.

Interesting tip.
I* like that kind of thinking.

Sure your not an inspector?

I know someone asked if this is a delta or wye service and therefore this is a wye service set up due the colour coded cables.

If this is a delta service you will see one pole breaker be skipped thruout the panel box due one phase to netual will be wild leg typically 190~208 volt range ]

And with NOQD breaker box that is a " cadallic " of most brand i know of and they are well built so they can take either push on or bolted on QO breakers I have one in my house sure they are wider than standard breaker box what most of them useally see { most are 14.5 inch wide } while the NOQD box is full 20 inch wide so have plenty room to wiggle the conductors without any issue with it.

Merci,Marc

Here is a little more information about such a delta connection (not the Y connection as oriingally posted):

A high leg delta (also known as wild-leg or red-leg delta) is a type of electrical service connection sometimes found in older three-phase electric power installations.
This type of service is supplied by a transformer having four wires coming out of the secondary: the three phases, plus a neutral that is used to center-tap one of the windings. The voltages between the three phases are the same in magnitude, however the voltage magnitudes between a particular phase and the neutral vary. The phase-to-neutral voltage of two of the phases will be half of the phase-to-phase voltage. The remaining phase-to-neutral voltage will be √3 times half the phase-to-phase voltage. Typically, the transformer is connected such that the ‘B’ phase is the ‘high’ leg. According to Article 110.15 of the 2005 National Electrical Code, panelboards connected to this type of transformer must explicitly identify the high leg, preferably by coloring it orange.

Actually when you find red leg delta, it will usually be two normal looking transformers with the third transformer missing (Open Vee Delta).
In most cases one will be about half the size of the other.

http://esteroriverheights.com/electrical/red_leg_transformers.jpg

http://esteroriverheights.com/electrical/red_leg_transformers.jpg
](http://esteroriverheights.com/electrical/high_leg_delta_transormers.jpg)

BTW the only time I have ever seen center tapped delta with 3 transformers is behind the Hogs Breath saloon in Key West. In the alley over the outside stage.
All 3 are full size. I suppose it started as a normal “open vee” and the load kept increasing until they had to make a full delta out of it.

Another site to try is www.lookuptables.com

Inspectors won’t often see a grounded Delta in a residential or small commercial building. They are becoming less common because they really are not practical for most installations.

Frank.,

I am very well verised with both American and European electrical system due I am oringally from France and If I do qoute French electrical code some of ya guys will go upside down on this one.

Merci,Marc

Actually light industrial is where we see it the most. It will be a place in a strip mall or “roll up bay” area that has a modest 3 phase load and most of his load is single phase. They hang a 50 KVA transformer centertapped like a normal single phase and add a 25 KVA on another phase to give him the red leg.
What I have pictured is a mini mart gas station with 3p HVAC and walk in coolers. The rest of the load is 1p. That is also what you would most likely get if a homeowner wanted 3p although it is not common unless you have a huge house. If I had ~10,000 sq/ft the savings on HVAC might justify paying for that other transformer.

Marc: Not directed specifically at you or to imply any lack of knowledge or understanding. If that appeared to be the case, I apologize. It was just a concise explanation that I happened across for any who might not have previously come in contact with such systems.

Comment on some other posts: Delta transformers are sometimes used in heavy industry to serve groups of loads that are all 3 three phase (a group of 480 v motors, for example). If single phase loads are employed on the same system (such as for lighting) a smaller delta-wye transformer would be installed.

A lot of pure delta is corner grounded. That gets a wire out of the pipe and a pole off the breakers