When would a vent be required in a bathroom?

I am not an inspector but I am an investor who actually likes inspectors. I have a home I am rehabbing quad/townhouse built in late 70’s. It has an existing 1st floor half bath (toilet and sink) with no window and no exhaust fan and no easy way to get to the outside. What should I do?

Nothing. Not needed.

Maybe not in Ohio…But:

When a bathroom or toilet room is not ventilated by
natural ventilation
as required by this section, it shall be
mechanically ventilated
as follows:

(1) Rooms containing only one water closet or urinal
shall be mechanically ventilated by an exhaust system
capable of exhausting at least fifty cubic feet of air per
minute. Means shall be provided for air ingress by
louvres in the door, by undercutting the door, or by
transfer ducts, grilles, or other openings.

“A toilet room is a room containing a toilet and sometimes a sink (washbasin).”

Thanks for the replies. I have seen charcoal ductless vents (Broan Model # 682). If I decide to put a fan in, would this one work. It gives no CFM because it’s ductless.

A vent is required in a bathroom if it is only used for pooping.
If it’s only used for peeing, no venting is required.

Find another bathroom??
Poop outside?

Here is what IRC 2012 says:

R303.3 Bathrooms.
Bathrooms, water closet compartments and other similar rooms shall be provided with aggregate glazing area in windows of not less than 3 square feet (0.3 m2), one-half of which must be openable.

Exception: The glazed areas shall not be required where artificial light and a local exhaust system are provided. The minimum local exhaust rates shall be determined in accordance with Section M1507. Exhaust air from the space shall be exhausted directly to the outdoors.

M1507.4 Local exhaust rates.
Local exhaust systems shall be designed to have the capacity to exhaust the minimum air flow rate determined in accordance with Table M1507.4.

TABLE M1507.4 MINIMUM REQUIRED LOCAL EXHAUST RATES FOR ONE- AND TWO-FAMILY DWELLINGS

AREA TO BE EXHAUSTED EXHAUST RATES
Kitchens 100 cfm intermittent or 25 cfm continuous
Bathrooms-Toilet Rooms Mechanical exhaust capacity of 50 cfm intermittent or 20 cfm continuous