Wind mit Scenerio #11 see pictures first

The Insurance companies do not make the rules the OIR does. Now is time for the OIR to stand up and put a stop to this crap. Half of what Mark just posted is next to impossible in most cases.

You are completely wrong on this. I am not attempting to change what you do or how you do it I just have to go on record so a different point of view is established for the benefit of those viewing this post with less experience.

Citizens has gone crazy. Some idiot at a desk is making decisions which are altogether irrational and improper. There are several examples this being one. OIR needs to step on them big time. They need to know who makes the rules and it ain’t them.

Brian no problem people with different opinions is what makes this forum useful. If we all agreed it would not be very beneficial.

As I was typing I see there is something we totally agree on.

**Citizens has gone crazy. Some idiot at a desk is making decisions which are altogether irrational and improper. There are several examples this being one. OIR needs to step on them big time. They need to know who makes the rules and it ain’t them. **

We covered just about all of these at the York class. He told us that there was a insurance company that called his training manual the bible for wind mits. Now we know which company he was speaking of. If you get a chance you should take his class. It was worth every penny. I can’t wait to get my license so I can start kicking butt with some of my competition.

Test

I never needed citizens or anyone to tell me to take photos of both sides. Common sense should tell you if it wraps over the top you need to show what the other side looks like.

Thanks for bringing up a 5 year old thread LOL :slight_smile:

I still feel the same about the oir AND citizens.

I just voted :wink:

Me too!..lol must have missed this one.

Bert

My wind mit form (Rev. 1/12) states minimal conditions to be met**[FONT=Times New Roman][size=2]
Minimal conditions to qualify for categories B, C, or D. All visible metal connectors are:
[/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=2][/size][/FONT]
������
[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT][size=2]Secured to truss/rafter with a minimum of three (3) nails, [/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][size=2]and[/size][/FONT]**
[FONT=Times New Roman][size=2][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=2][/size][/FONT]
������
[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT][size=2]Attached to the wall top plate of the wall framing, or embedded in the bond beam, with less than a ½" gap from[/size][/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT][size=2]
the blocking or truss/rafter

[/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=2]and [/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=2][/size][/FONT][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT][size=2]blocked no more than 1.5” of the truss/rafter, [/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=2]and [/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=2][/size][/FONT][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT][size=2]free of visible severe[/size][/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT][size=2]
corrosion.
If that gap is more than 1/2 an inch I vote to call in the retrofiter
[/size][/FONT]

I voted, I just got back from doing wind mitigations all day :smiley:

Do your realize that this is from 2010 and the old form?