Advantages of LVL:
Portable: The set for a future wooden house is delivered to the building site.
Rapid: Technologies used for LVL allow shortening of assembling time; the assemblage may take only 3-4, provided the foundation is ready.
Moreover, LVL does not need a lot of time for shrinkage; therefore less time is spent on getting a turnkey house.
Affordable: There is no need for exterior or interior finish of the house made of LVL, which makes the project less expensive.
Quality: The heat loss of a wooden house with 200mm wall thickness equals the heat loss of a red-brick house with 1000mm wall thickness.
Weather-proof: Material for LVL is processed with special equipment which makes LVL deformation-resistant. Seasoned wood, processed in the right way, preserves its qualities after repeated cycles of freezing and thawing.
Comfy: Wood is hydroscopic so that wood will adjust to the relative humidity if the environment, either absorbing water vapor from the atmosphere or evaporating moisture into it. The walls of the house are amber-colored which creates an atmosphere of comfort and warmth.
Fail-safe: Due to the low weight and firmness of constructed houses they show resistance to earthquakes and other natural calamities.
Durable: The wooden houses created by our experts with the use of high-quality materials can be used by your family at least for 100 years. If necessary you can substitute not only upper, middle or lower parts of the walls, but also the foundation itself.
Environmental-friendly: Wood is a natural material. The wooden house has higher heat insulation value than conventional construction; moreover it is energy-efficient since you need less energy to rise the temperature in the house.
LVL production techniques:
• First of all the logs are bucked in order to relieve the stress, then they are tested for defects.
• Then the material for LVL is dried in special drying cabinets until the moisture content reaches 8–12%. The low moisture content is the reason of the minimal shrinkage of the houses made of LVL. Before processing, bold timber is tested for moisture content. The timber, which does not satisfy set standards, is not used further on.
• Bad twigs are removed. The sorter marks good and bad parts of the timber. Then the bad parts are removed and the good parts are joined by shoulder tenons.
• The adhesive is applied on the billets of LVL and they remain under pressure until cure. As a result the boards (so called lamellae) of up to 12m in length are produced.
• After that in the special hydraulic press the lamellae are glued together with the use of ecologically friendly adhesive of high European quality, this adhesive does not affect on the wooden property to “breath”. There are can be 2–5 lamellae in one beam; the maximum width is 240mm. The lamellae which have rings are applied to each other in reverse, which makes LVL beams very strong.
• Lamination, sawing of dap, is the major thing which affects the quality of assembly of the future house. LVL is cut into the units of the right size which are specified in accordance with the elements of the log-house, and then special holes for wire and dowels are made.
• Every LVL unit is tested and marked. The house is assembled within 1 or 2 months on the factory abiding by the highest standards of quality.