Would you inspect this?

Would you inspect this?
Numerous containers of gas, paint thinner, & flooring poly in the room with electrical panel. The room stunk like gas, and I could just see the next backdraft movie if something sparked while opening this panel.

Yes, I would document this pic, and state my concerns/recommendations.

2 Likes

Yes, move containers of gas and other items, open door to clear out then inspect as usual

7 Likes

To each there own. I let clients and agents know prior to inspection, that all components should be free of any obstructions and readily accessible. I don’t touch or move a number of items including what is pictured. A box or two, maybe, but I document and disclose. It’s the owners’ property, not mine. Should have been relocated prior to inspection.

11 Likes

That one I would. I’ll move a few things typically.

3 Likes

I am with Ryan, Mark and Neil…I would inspect that.

6 Likes

Yes for me also. Was that a gas clothes dryer in that closet as well?

Maybe you can appreciate this.

Had a home once that had a nicely restored Model A/T not sure, but it was a show piece car stored in a drive under garage. I opted out of inspecting the garage door in case of failure and potential damage to the car. The clients had no problems and understood the concerns I had.

5 Likes

I agree to each their own. I’m going with Mark & Thomas on this one - especially since the seller is also the listing agent. I have run into a few of these where the seller is the listing agent, and I swear it seems they do everything they shouldn’t do to block your inspection.

3 Likes

Yeah, every case and every person is different. A while back I didn’t inspect a garage attic because there was a nice Harley parked almost directly under the hatch. I had room to get my ladder in but if I drop the hatch door or, more likely, a shit-ton of insulation falls out, then what?

3 Likes

That’s sometimes the motivation to get in there, lol. This reminds me of seeing an out of place picture or mattress or something leaned on a wall. My curiosity sometimes gets the best of me.

4 Likes

Mark and i said we would too, playing favorites again Larry :smiley:

2 Likes

Don’t forget solid footing. I personally do not like to lean or stumble in front of a panelboard with the cover off.

1 Like

Electric Dryer

I got into this one a few weeks back. But wasn’t happy about it, lol. :rage:

2 Likes

I would’ve passed on that one Ryan all I need to do is lean, lose my balance and fall into an electric cabinet.

1 Like

I would…been-there-done-that. If I didn’t most likely I would have to go back to inspect it after those few jugs are moved out of the way. And most likely for free because it would be hard to get someone to pay for it

2 Likes

I’ve ran into that issue many times. Often I just set on the washer or dryer

3 Likes

I thought about it, trust me. I got the chairs out and then it wasn’t too bad. As a show of protest, I didn’t put the chairs back. That’s called MN passive aggressiveness.

8 Likes

Neil, check your copying…LOL! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like