WTF Picture of the Day

I’m convinced that every cable installer was trained by the same a-hole. No matter the location, they throw away common sense or regard to any other trade. The only thing missing from this install is the bonding clamp attached to the dread front with an extra 8’ of dangling wire.

Clamp

2 Likes

That was my point :slight_smile: The two pics are two different doors, one room next to the other. One had the tapered edge of the door installed IMPROPERLY but the latch was installed PROPERLY. The picture you’re referencing had the door installed PROPERLY (the tapered edge was correctly oriented) but the latching mechanism was installed bass-ackwards!

1 Like

Hard to believe they would leave a door latch like that…the tapered edge is less noticeable, sure, but still wrong too.

See some bizarre stuff out there.

For sure! I combined a narrative here and there to reduce the overall number of narratives but my report still had 64 recommendations…my highest amount ever.

To reiterate: here in Cali…95% of my home inspections are pre-listings, including this one for a FISBO. You can only imagine my initial discussions/disclosures with my clients when booking these inspections :sweat_smile:

Edit: I published my report a couple hours ago and haven’t heard anything yet, but…I’m always anticipating a phone call! Thanks to y’all’s feedback from this forum, I feel prepared.

1 Like

There’s about 80 feet rolled up sitting on top here. And your right about the training, seems like no matter where the panel is located the installers dangle the cable right in front… Maybe want a be electricians but couldn’t cut it. Lol

$50,000 kitchen remodel. They installed the cabinets before the brick veneer. Now the cabinet on the far left won’t open.

8 Likes

Ankle buster at the front door. Yes, that is a gap. It goes down about a foot.

11 Likes

That’s a place to rid of debris when I sweep the porch so I don’t have to pick it up. LOL

7 Likes

It isn’t crazy if it works I guess! Lol.

1 Like

3 Likes

Cousin Eddie will install our flooring for case of PBR and some gas for the RV.

5 Likes

That’s like 0biden Admin level phuckery, :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Joint compound, shmoint compound…who needs it!? :rofl:

4 Likes

How you say “I installed the new water heater myself” without saying so:

Low cost bathroom venting:

1 Like

Okey dokey!

10 Likes

It’s gonna make a nice bird bath after it rains.

2 Likes

Maybe a Koi fish pond at $1k a square inch? It is at “penthouse” level… :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

1 Like

Haha! The one Koi that would fit would be the envy of them all!

1 Like