WTF Picture of the Day

What’s the black make up behind the brick?

1 Like

My guess is that the lower course of brick were severely deteriorated so the roofers knocked em out and just through the flashing in there.

When you looked down the chimney, did you see blocks in there…you know, since the bricks were just a veneer?

Lol. You think I’m Bert? This was by drone. Bricks were not a veneer. The dark you see is the flashing they installed. Witches bend chimney in attic!

Very, very old historic home.

4 Likes

Here’s the base of the chimney in the basement. Cleanout is behind the piece of asbestos-looking material at the arrow.

2 Likes

I knew that. Just pullin’ yer chain. LOL!

P.S. Nice place to inspect!

2 Likes

Is that a helipad on the turret??? Wtf

1 Like

Um, yeah. Almost 90 issues in the report, lol. But I do love these old houses. This one had two staircases to the upper level. I always consider that glamorous.

1 Like

I’m thinking it used to have a spire of some type on it maybe?

1 Like

Me too. I did some baby-sitting in a “mansion” that had 2 staircases…well, 2 main ones and another that was about 2 feet wide behind the kitchen cabinets. I guess for the kitchen help to serve the upstairs.

Going from memory but it was a great adventure for me!

3 Likes

Murder by forklift.

Entrance and exit wound.

4 Likes

If you had video of the murder, it would be a candidate for:

What inspired the formation of the World Bollard Association?

The World Bollard Association was founded by Jimmy Bollard in 1742. There was so much global love and admiration for bollards, yet there was no international organization in charge of the upkeep, promotion, and general welfare of bollards.

How does one become a member?

One cannot become a member. Membership is strictly restricted to a few select people who make up the board of the World Bollard Association and whose identity needs to remain protected for obvious security reasons.

https://twitter.com/WorldBollard

2 Likes

Ha! I had no idea such a thing existed!

I believe this was an intentional act that took some determination and skill. It is unknown if the suspect was apprehended. But as you can see in the background, other posts have taken a defensive posture.

3 Likes

it was an outdoor sink for a 9 foot person. itll be fine :rofl:

Looks like it performed it’s intended function.

forklift impact?

1 Like

Plenty of working space here!

12 Likes

Overhead service only 7.5’ off the ground. Drip loop only 7’.
Appears to have been this way for 70 years.

6 Likes

Makes me think of that Indian guy on top of the train. He reaches up and finds himself part of the path to ground.

He didn’t even twitch. Just fell flat with his shoes smoking and on fire.

1 Like

tuna box
Low bid?

6 Likes