WTF Picture of the Day

Pretty cool termite sculpture

4 Likes

Looks like it is time for a treatment!

1 Like

Sewer scope from a few days ago, and yep, that’s the scope line in the picture.

2022-09-22-09-19-28

Hahahaha! Garove! I love it!

Double wide installed over a basement with the dryer just vented through the floor.

5 Likes

I had a Realtor tell me that it was no big deal having the sensors up there and I replied “if it was you buying the house I would let it slide”

6 Likes

Not a handrail in sight!

5 Likes

The tenant says they don’t have a pet (in a no pet building):

1 Like

3 Likes

Anyone else in MN or nearby states seeing a fly invasion? How about you @jjonas ?

This was my porch this morning. This has been going on for a week or two but it has really ramped up the last few days. Tens of thousands of flies, mostly on the southern (warmer) sides of the house. Sign of the Apocalypse?

3 Likes

Or a bad septic field :poop:

3 Likes

Or I didn’t bury the bodies deep enough. :wink: :innocent:

7 Likes

Something happened somewhere that tons of larvae became adults.
It can be only 4 days or so to happen.
My guess is there’s farmland within a few miles. Could also be natural compost in the woods.
Then you get strong winds & they are “relocated”.
All the stars have to align just right.
Congratulations!

5 Likes

Kidding aside, we usually get hit with Lady Bugs this time of year and it looks very similar.

1 Like

I knew someone would point that out, lol. It just drains into rocks 4 feet out from the foundation. We just have the gutter section there to help keep the rain/ice off the porch steps.

3 Likes

Those are those Asian beetles. Ladybugs aren’t the problem. I don’t miss that living in the Midwest at all. They crawl underneath your clothes and bite. I’ve seen thousands of them take over a basement.

4 Likes

I pity the inspector that inspects my house…SOLD AS IS!!! :wink: :shushing_face:

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure they provide most of the insulation in my old home.

5 Likes

Think you are right Martin. They are still a pain in the ass and will find their way into your home.

2 Likes

When I lived in Chicago I visited a friend in Iowa that lives next to a cornfield. There were thousands and thousands of Asian beetles nestled up in the corner of his basement.

2 Likes