You had to be there...

Here we go… first both the wood stove and oil fired boiler running at same time sharing same single flue chimney… then of course all is good cause we have an old kitchen range exhaust hood to capture any of the smoke that escapes the wood stove and recycle it throughout the basement… :roll:

yep all is good… :wink:

buyers have since reduced their price due to this and other defects…saved about $10k and will be removing this setup, spoke to the existing insurance company and found out that they did not know this system was present and would not have insured it had they known… hmmm… makes you wonder “would they have paid if a fire or other had happened???” :shock:

CPI.jpg

CPI_Schiller_Old Town 095.jpg

CPI_Schiller_Old Town 117.jpg

CPI_Schiller_Old Town 094.jpg

nice

No, they wouldn’t. I’d bet a reading of the fine print of the insurance policy tells the owner that.

If the house had that system when the home was insured, a claim would be covered.

If that system represented a change from when the home was insured and * that system was the** cause*** of the resulting fire, then the company would be within its rights to deny the claim due to an unreported increase in hazard. If it were not the cause of the resulting fire, the claim would be covered.

When I bought my first California home many years ago, the insurance company sent a man out to see if there was really a house at that address.

When I bought my xxxth property last year, the insurance company required a home inspection to see what kind of interesting things were there that I was asking them to insure. They required that some things be fixed/changed/altered before close of escrow if I expected them to insure the property.

Even insurance companies eventually learn ways to decrease their exposure.

Not sure when the system was installed but the insurance company told the new owners they would not insure it until it was taken out or at least disconnected.

I especially like the range hood over the wood stove!