Zero Edge pool question

I inspected a pool today that has a poor man’s zero edge on one side. There is no catch basin and splash-out runs down the outside wall of the pool into the lawn. The wall itself is stucco and stained. There are pavers running along the base of the wall simply to prevent erosion.

What is the name of this type of edge?
Anyone else see this type of edge and comment?

Thank you.

I saw that one, but it doesn’t talk about a zero edge without a catch basin.

Like you said…


A disaster in the making.

How do they control erosion at the spillway and water management to refill the pool?

1 Like

Stucco on the outside of the weir wall almost suggests that wall isn’t waterproofed on both sides and may deteriorate quickly. The following article discusses waterproofing the weir wall.