1st

Originally Posted By: nbhi
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Thanks NACHI!! Got our first real inspection 09/15/05. We were found on, find an inspector on the web. NACHI and its membership our great.

“I have not failed I have just found a thousand way’s that didn’t work” Thomas Edison.

Originally Posted By: jrivera

Congrats Gary, Bravo,Bravo eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

Congrats

…like sex, you will always remember your first! icon_biggrin.gif

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: rbrown1

kmcmahon wrote:
Congrats
...like sex, you will always remember your first! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Isn't that the truth!

CONGRATS Gary!

"NACHI, the Peak of Excellence!"

--
Bob Brown
President NACHI Du-Ka Chapter ON. Canada
NACHI Cell: 1-484-429-5465

ACISS Home Inspections
bob@aciss.biz

Certified Adult Training Services
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com
info@certifiedadulttrainingservices.com

Originally Posted By: gporter

Good job.

Gary Porter

GLP’s Home and Mold Inspections LLC

Orlando, Fl 32828

321-239-0621

www.homeandmoldinspections.com

Originally Posted By: psmothers

Congrats! icon_exclaim.gif

Foxe Smothers

"Its not a matter of will we rebuilt it is matter of how soon..."

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted By: bsmith

May many more follow.

Bill Smith

www.SmithHomeInspection.com

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” A. Einstien

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

I thought Kevin was a virgin. icon_lol.gif

Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: jsmith10

Good Job Gary, as you have certainly picked the right organization to belong too.

I always’s ask my clients how they found me and besides the ones that are referrals I get the response “I found you on the web” or “I found you on find an inspector web site”.

I see this was your first post and in so your on your way to getting the best information possible as the membership here at NACHI is by far the best as the knowledge that flows here is phenomenal and is available for the asking. But in turn your participation and experiences are also needed.

John I have a reply to your comment but I'll be nice and not post it. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

May your inspections be many and your batteries be fresh.

--
Joe,
Vice-President, Idaho Chapter,
www.NachiIdaho.org

Inspected as though my family are to live or work there.

http://www.Treasurevalleyinspections.com

Originally Posted By: wdecker

Make sure to do a good job, Gary, and make us proud, aqnd make a name for yourself.

I did an inspection, last Friday, for a client who was referred to me by a lawyer. This lawyer has referred me several times and was my clients lawyer on my very first inspection. The lawyer told the client 'He is the best home inspector I know of.'

Serve your client and do the best job you can, but you must also remember that your report will be viewed by others (like the client's lawyer) and you also serve your client by serving those who are on your client's 'team'.

I make my reports clear, concise and descriptive. I describe every system, clearly and in plain language, THEN I comment on any defects, taking time to describe a) what's wrong, b) why it is wrong and what effect it will have on the house and c) give an estimated figure (stating clearly that it is only an estimate and that three quotes from licensed and insured contratcors should be obtained) on what it will take to fix the problem properly.

This gives the lawyer an easier time and makes it clear to him (or her) how they can best serve the client in negotiations.

Everyone is REAL concerned and cautious with their first inspection (unless they are real morons!) and take the time to do it right. Make sure that, as you learn and grow and get more confident, that you NEVER do an inspection or write a report with any less concern or caution.

Hope this helps.

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com