How did each of you hear of NACHI in the beginning

Originally Posted By: dkeough
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I was just wondering how everyone found out about NACHI.

I found out by searching the web.

I would like to know if it was by another inspector,the web etc.

I believe it would be helpful when we start a committee for recruitment.

Thanks

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

icon_question.gif

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: aroden

Wow, I didn’t know NACHI had been around that long - I did an internet search of a half a year ago or so and took the online test but didn’t join or pay any more attention to it until I heard a few people arguing over ashi/nachi at the inspectionnews.com bulletin board - I was curious and came over hear to check out the board and saw some interesting and experienced people posting and thought I would fit in nicely here.

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

I was doing a search on National Home Inspector Exam, and NACHI popped up somewhere. I saw the online test, reasearched a bit (for about a month) and joined.

Originally Posted By: kleonard

Internet.

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Funny question…

True story...

I was following some thread on InspectionNews, where some inspectors were bashing every post from this guy Nick Gromicko. Went to another thread, and there it was, again. Went to a 3rd post, where this guy Nick was offering to help someone, and mentioned NACHI, and he got blasted again.

Hmmm, I wondered. What the hell did this guy do to deserve the abuse? All I could see him doing was offering to help. I went to NACHIs site, got his number, and called him. We spoke for a few minutes, and BAM.

Since that initial phone call, I was a NACHI believer. I got involved in this org, and am proud to say, was one of the initial posters on this forum, where guys like Erby Crofutt, Joe Myers, Nick, Chris Morrell, and I were nearly the only ones. That was little over a year ago. Look where it is today. And look how the org has grown!

NACHISMO...

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: rsummers

It was an Internet search that brought me to the BEST HI organization in North America. I had looked at all the other choices for some time but with no benefits to their members and there better than you position I couldn’t bring my self to join.

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Internet Search. I also had a marketing question fror Nick who responded promptly. The easy to navigate web site may have been the clincher. Laid back professionals with a sense of humor. icon_cool.gif

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Originally Posted By: rpasquier

I was researching software for reporting when I came across the Homegauge site.

Talked to Russell and he advised me to join a Home Inspector Organization, and gave me the address on his webpage with the links.

Started researching the 3 that he had on his page and others that I found through further research and there really was only one choice after I had taken a look at everything.

Once I found this message board and read it, then finally posted and talked to Nick, I am now a member, and probably will not join any other organizations.

This one has all the things that I think that I will probaly need from a professional organization, so I am in it for the long haul.

Now, if my marketing, etc. will start working for me and getting me some inspections, perhaps I can get this thing off the ground.

Originally Posted By: rwills

I was doing an Internet search on HI orgs to join. I stumbled across NACHI and decided to give it a shot. When I joined the board there were no posts practically at all, as a matter of fact, one of my first posts was "C’mon guys, Let’s get this board jumping! Out of the original 1st ten posters, only Chris and Nick are left besides myself. What a difference a year makes! icon_exclaim.gif

Bob Wills - MAB Chairman

BW Inspection Services

Warminster, Pa.

http://www.bwinspections.com

Originally Posted By: R Farruggia

I put “Home Inspector” and the town I live in into Google and wound up here.

Originally Posted By: dkeough

Welcome R Farruggia. So when are you going to become a member. This organization is the most helpful out there. Good Luck

Originally Posted By: R Farruggia

My application was sent last week.

BTW, no animals (or children) were harmed in the production of the film to the left.

Originally Posted By: kleonard

R Farruggia wrote:
My application was sent last week.
BTW, no animals (or children) were harmed in the production of the film to the left.

You might want to put that disclaimer on all your posts.

Some childs rights advocate will see it, next thing you know it'l be on CNN, MSNBC, & FOX NEWS. ![icon_redface.gif](upload://f7DX2EWhmUfsDapWaYT3oJHMCj1.gif)

Kevin

Originally Posted By: alanseigne

I also did an Internet search on Home Inspection.

Originally Posted By: wcampbell

I have to ditto Joe F’s post. I couldn’t understand all of the blasting that Nick recieved on Inspection News. And I came over here to check it out. I came. I saw. I liked. I stayed.

This Ole House-Home Inspections

William A. Campbell TREC # 6372

Serving the Texas Coastal Bend

(361) 727-0602 (home)

(361) 727-0055 (office)

(361) 229-4103 (cell)

Originally Posted By: kpapp

I called a local ASHI member and he gave me alot of info about the business an welcomed me to come to their local meeting…for a fee that is.

I called another company…you got it ASHI member and asked about doing a ride along to see if this is something that I might like…He said sure…for a fee. I am now understanding why they are now charging them fees…must be them high membership dues icon_lol.gif

Anyhow to make a long story short, I did a web search and found NACHI. I spent I think like 3months reading the BB and learning and guess what…I even got to do some ridealongs for FREE. Thanks Joe H. an Joe M.

It was the members that unselflishly help out anybody that asks for help.

It was for these reasons that I decided to join the best Home Inspection Org in the World. Thanks each and every one of you for all you do for NACHI.

Ken Papp
Discovery Home Inspections

--

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Well, I used to work with Nick when he owned PEACH. One fine day I got tired of the cleaning business and the misses suggested home inspections. A little research led me to Nick and NACHI, never looking back since.

I appreciate all the kind words from those that we have helped like Ken P. NACHI is about helping each other and skipping the pay to play schemes. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: jpeck

I was battling ASHI, from the inside, and was contacted about NACHI.

Many e-mails later (after coming close to making Nick, Gerry, and maybe Joe mad, maybe I did make them mad?), and the more I got fed up with ASHI's actions on how they handled the branding thing, and while I ran for ASHI President against its improbable 'outsider keep out' system of petitions, I eased up a bit and took another look at NACHI. Still took some convincing that NACHI was open to change for the better, to become a better association, better tests, etc.

My main complaint was that the "certified" should actually"MEAN SOMETHING".

I can "certify" my dog (and I don't even have a dog), but what does a title mean if it does not represent anything of substance.

I guess that is why I am for a NACHI conference being for education first and foremost, with a little bit of fun on the side. Not for a NACHI conference to be for fun, with a little bit of education on the side.

This is a "profession" and NACHI is a 'professional association", right? Not a "Club Med for HIs".

It never ceases to amaze me at all the references to drinking and getting being drunk on this forum. The forum loses some (much?) of its professionalism with posts like that. It may have worked for Jimmy Buffet, but that was because he blew out his flip flop and stubbed his toe, then had to get back on home.![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

No, Jerry…

Jimmy B. blew out his flip-flop, stepped on a pop-top, cut his heel, and had to cruise on back home...

What part of South Florida are you from?

Hold on... I dropped my beer...

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."