2 Day Infrared Class at InterNACHI HQ on Feb 1-2

Two-Day Infrared-Certified®](http://nachi.org/infraredclass)**Class in Boulder, Colorado, **… will be held at the InterNACHI School on **February 1-2, 2017. Limited Seating. Price = $388.

Class times - 8 to 5pm

Get $100 off your InterNACHI renewal fee.

How many levels of infrared training are there and what level does the 2 day class obtain?

There are three levels of IR courses and several specific classes on certain subjects you can attend. It is common that a company will develop it’s own IR class for the use of their company that applies to their industry.

InterNACHI 2-day INFRARED CERTIFIED class is geared for our industry only. Our class is not associated with any levels. It is for home inspectors, and contractors who do residential and lite commercial infrared scans.

So it is for no level but gets you certified, is that correct?

A level I class covers some basic principle and shows how an infrared camera is used in various industries. It is sometimes taught by a person who has never done an inspection and has no background in our industry.

Some level I classes are geared for construction, but may not be specific to the home inspector’s needs. Those classes are a better choice IMHO.

Our infrared class (16 hrs) covers the basic principles in a level I course, but concentrates on the applications for home inspectors in residential and lite commercial.

The word “CERTIFIED” simply means that a school has certified that you have fulfilled a certain level of training. Each school certifies their own students.

If you value one school above another, then I suggest you take their class. The normal fee for a Level I class is $1800 for 4 days of teaching and testing.

Our infrared class takes 2 days and cost $390. Many have told me our class is better than a Level I class because it met their needs better. They took both classes and found ours better. Others feel a Level I class was better for them.

It is a common practice that some companies will take the content of a Level I class and modify it to their company’s needs for their type of application. The principles are the same and nothing is lost in the process, if it is done correctly.

Our infrared class has been examined and critiqued by a Level III instructor who owns his own IR school and our class was approved and found correct. You can contact me for their contact info if you would like to verify this.

John,

Is this class going to have much hands on training? Should be bring our own Thermal cameras?

I do not own a camera as of yet, but have been wanting to buy one and learn how to use Infrared in my inspections. I am looking at the FLIR E6- would you recommend this camera for a beginner?

Thank you!

Yes, we will do plenty of hands on training.
The E6 is good for home inspection applications.

I sent you a personal message.

Our infrared class takes 2 days and cost $390. Many have told me our class is better than a Level I class because it met their needs better. They took both classes and found ours better. Others feel a Level I class was better for them.

So after your two day class, we will be “certified” but after your class will have to take another class for “level 1”?

I should put an end to this silly “Pay me more so I can have a higher level” crap by coming out with a Level 10. No, Level 100. :wink:

John, change the title of your course to include the phrase “Level 1,000.”

I’m not making fun of those want to called Level I …

CLIENT … Are you trained as a thermographer?

INSPECTOR … Yes, I’m a Level I.

CLIENT … How many levels are there?

INSPECTOR … There are 3 levels.

CLIENT … Oh I see now, you don’t know much because your only a Level I.

It is wiser to say “Im INFRARED CERTIFIED”.

I heard this story from the owner of well respected infrared school.

Content is better than a title you think makes you look good.

Here we go again Nick how many times have we debated this topic aren’t you getting tired of the same ol same ol:p

The levels just determine the amount of education a person has acquired.

How can you expect a Kindergartner to perform the same as someone in the 12 grade ;-):smiley:

If you are going beyond a home inspection and will be getting into aspects of commercial/industrial thermal scans, then you will indeed need Level II and sometimes Level III. Especially in the application of electrical systems.

I have not taken your course so I don’t know what you teach. So by taking your course makes one qualified (certified) to use a thermal camera in a home inspection on the electrical panel within that home and publish the resulting image in the inspection report.

We both know that taking a Level I class or our class may not qualify a person to analyze a residential electrical system. If a person is weak in the electrical system, then we recommend that our students get more training in this area before they try to scan the electrical system with an infrared camera. Some are deeper than others regarding electrical knowledge and dealing with various defects.

We try to bring a person to the point that they realize that thermal scans will expose you to a higher level of electrical inspections. I have seen some Level I students make horrible electrical thermographers also, because that class cannot make up for the lack they have in that area in just a few days, plus teach all the other needed topics of thermal imaging. This is one of the reasons that InterNACHI requires other construction related courses to complete the INFRARED CERTIFIED process.

The same could be said of other issues in a home as well. I do not recommend that a novice inspector get into doing thermal imaging.