2 dryer vent exhaust ports

Originally Posted By: jonofrey
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

A person called me about his dryer vent having two ports in the laundry room to connect his dryer to and which one does he connect the dryer to?

He swears the two ports are connected to the same metal pipe that is internal to the home, goes up throught the attic space and penetrates the roof.

I told him to connect to the upper port and use the lower port for lint cleanout. I haven't run into this yet.

Anybody familiar with it?

--
Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: psabados

Hey John

I don't know if this will help or not but... The laundry area may have been configured to accept a stackable washer/dryer unit. The dryer vent centerlineon the units are usually 32-36 inches above the floor. Someone may have ordered an extra T installed to compensate.

Dropping from this height to closer to floor would create a 180 degree bend and then out the roof. Or just to shorten the total length of the vent line from the laundry room to the roof exterior

Just my two cents worth. If Im way off base just throw me back in and recycle, Im usually covered in lint or other objects. The belt around the drum goes round and round.

Paul

Originally Posted By: roconnor

WOW … you do it all for your clients John … icon_lol.gif

And I am assuming that vent up through the house is NOT also the furnace flue.

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong