2 prongers

Originally Posted By: Greg Fretwell
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

It all depends on the quality of the tester. A simple 3 light test is meaningless. If you use your suretest (Ecos or similar) it is probably good … at the time of the test.

I got into this at a renovation of some WWII era buildings here. Even after I gave the EMT a clean bill of heath the state still required a grounding conductor and cited safety as the reason. In "patient care areas" they did accept the EMT as the redundant ground but we ran wire in all of them.

Originally Posted By: wdecker

I use a suretest as well.

Most of the munis around here (the suburbs) are making sure that older houses that used water supply ground have a ground rod installed at the meter. I can see the point.

Ground impedence is the only way to go. Must see .20 Ohms or aroun there for it to be OK.

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

Originally Posted By: bkelly2

jtedesco wrote:
bkelly2 wrote:
This is what I mean Mr Tedesco. Please do not copy my posts, please do not respond to my posts.

Quoting is allowed! ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Get over it! bkelly, one of the things I do is challenge people like you to think.

I know that's a real stretch for some folks.
Joe you have never challanged me, nice try.

--
"I used to be disgusted, Now I try to Be amused"-Elvis Costello

Originally Posted By: lkage

jtedesco wrote:
bkelly2 wrote:
This is what I mean Mr Tedesco. Please do not copy my posts, please do not respond to my posts.

Quoting is allowed! ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Get over it! bkelly, one of the things I do is challenge people like you to think.

I know that's a real stretch for some folks.

It's time for you to think, Joe.

--
"I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him."
Galileo Galilei

Originally Posted By: Jay Moge

danm it. i feel like i missed the most important episode of a soap opra. i wanna know i wanna know. icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted By: Greg Fretwell

Will, if you get .20 on your EMT runs you have a tight system. Thats a 50’ loop of #12 copper.