4-Stuccoman

sounds familiar…

I try to pay attention!:wink:

Marcel,

Page # 3 Blocking on the sheathing joints between the stud’s. Yet the OSB is to be spaced 1/8" to allow for swelling. How does it do that if it is nailed?

imo

Page # 4

Look’s like the tyvek reps for JOCo had a hand in the details. No way this can be good.

imo

Page # 5

The Capitol window’s with wood trim. Looks like there is no backer rod and sealant joint between the window’s and trim. No mention of it either. No flashing under the trim at the head of the window’s nor above the trim.

imo

Page # 6

What is he doing to the head of the window. Putting the sticky flashing tape over the wrap instead of under it!

The picture where the trim is shimmed out will fail. The moisture barrier for stucco is 2 layers they now have a funnel at the sill of the improperly installed window.

imo

Page # 6

What is he doing to the head of the window. Putting the sticky flashing tape over the wrap instead of under it!

The picture where the trim is shimmed out will fail. The moisture barrier for stucco is 2 layers they now have a funnel at the sill of the improperly installed window.

Page # 8

Metal on metal paper on paper! Caseing bead is to be on over the moisture barrier and the lath. On the roof it is neither.

imo

Also 0n # 8

I would almost bet the kickout is cut and just wrong.

imo

Page # 9

The meter box is shimmed out with a chunk of 3/4" plywood no flashing it is gonna leak.

And the other pictures have problems as well.

imo

like I said You just can’t please some people …lol

Page # 11

When the wood shrink’s and the plate line settles the vertical joint will have issue’ Movement and cracking. This is a ASTM spec that sucks. It is wrong.

imo

Page # 12

The horizontal controll joint is no where near the plate line where the movement will be. Other than the 144 sq. spec it serves no real purpose.

imo

How is this for starters?

Mr. Valley,

How is all this?

And I even put IMO !

Let alone all the wording alot of black and white with this document and not much GREY matter!

imo

picky picky picky…lol…

Jim,

I am trying to fit in here!

I like it here!

you go for it big guy…sounds like You know Your stuff!!!:wink:

Not really.

It is just that they can not see the forest for the tree’s!

imo of course!

I bet some of them tuck their rain pant’s into their boots. And their rain coat into their pant’s.

And can not figure out why their sock’s and pantie’s get wet.

now that was funny !!!:slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

David,

I have been practicing the IMO. How am I doin? :wink: