61-30.804 hvac

61-30.804 Standards of Practice, HVAC Systems.
(1) HVAC systems and components include heating and air conditioning systems and components and HVAC distribution systems and components.
(2) Heating and air conditioning systems and components.
(a) The heating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and components include the following:

1. Installed heating equipment;
  2. Fuel storage and fuel distribution systems;
  3. Vent systems, flues, and chimneys;
  4. Ductwork and air distribution components;
  5. Mechanical ventilation systems;
  6. Heating system energy source(s);
    7. Heating system capacity in BTUs or kilowatts.
    (b) The inspector shall inspect all readily accessible heating and air conditioning systems and components.
    © The inspector is not required to inspect:
  7. Interiors of flues or chimneys which are not readily accessible;
  8. Heat exchangers;
  9. Humidifiers or dehumidifiers;
  10. Electronic air filters, sanitizers, or UV lights;
  11. Solar space heating systems;
  12. Internal components such as coils and pans.
    (3) HVAC distribution systems and components.
    (a) The heating and air conditioning (HVAC) distribution systems and components include the following:
  13. Energy source;
  14. Cooling method by its distinguishing characteristics;
  15. The presence of condensate over flow warning/shutoff devices.
    (b) The inspector shall inspect readily accessible HVAC distribution systems.
    © With regards to HVAC distribution systems, the inspector is not required to inspect:
  16. Electronic air filters, sanitizers, or UV lights;
  17. Humidistats;
  18. Automatic HVAC zoned systems, dampers, controls, that are not readily accessible;
  19. Removable window air conditioning systems.
    (3) The inspector is not required to:
    (a) Determine heat supply adequacy or distribution balance;
    (b) Operate heat pump systems when ambient temperatures pose the potential for damage to the air conditioning system;
    © Determine cooling supply adequacy, distribution balance or indoor air quality;
    (d) Operate the air conditioning system when ambient temperatures pose the potential for damage to the air conditioning system.

Is anybody putting on there inspection reports BTU’s?, Just curious, Most inspection reports I have seen in Florida no one is putting this. I won’t lie I haven’t been putting this. Just maybe wanted to bring it to everyone attention. I guess going forward I am going to place BTU’s in the report.

Let the discussion began, :mrgreen::twisted::shock:

Yes. what’s one more pic?:wink: More often than not, you have to do some extra research to find out, usually doesn’t take too long. This one was easy!

Haha, Most of the time I have to read labels:roll: I did a couple of State Farm 4-points this week and they did ask about tonnage. So now doing research tonight and going through our SOP, I found this. So you are right… What’s one more picture:twisted:

[FONT=Times New Roman][size=2] [size=4]It’s always been required…

61-30.101 Definitions.
[/size][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=2] As used in this chapter, the following terms have the following meanings:

[FONT=Times New Roman][size=2][FONT=Times New Roman][size=2] (10) Describe: To distinguish a system or component by its type or other observed significant characteristics; to distinguish it from other systems or components.

[FONT=Times New Roman][size=2][FONT=Times New Roman][size=2] 61-30.801 Standards of Practice, General.
[FONT=Times New Roman][size=2][FONT=Times New Roman][size=2] (1) Home inspections performed to these Standards of Practice are intended to provide the client with information regarding the overall condition of installed systems and components of the home based on observation of the visible and apparent condition of the structure and components at the time of the home inspection and to report on those systems and components inspected that, in the professional opinion of the inspector, are significantly deficient or at the end of their service lives. A home inspection does not include the prediction of future conditions.
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][size=2] (4) The inspector shall inspect and report as required by Section 468.8323, F.S., when required by these standards, systems or components by their type and/or significant characteristics.
[/size][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/size][/FONT]

Yes, I have been doing that for years. And that inpicture is automatically included in my inspection reports already so it goes into the four point inspection. No extra work for me!

Meanwhile. …my office for the last three days…

Hah, great place to be, hope you had a great time. Back to work Monday I presume :wink:

Since the standards became effective. Prior to that. …