80 Hr Field Requirement (North Carolina)

I have completed the 120 course requirement and about to start the 80 hr field requirement in North Carolina. Is my only option to pay another school $1300-$1500 for the field training?

What do the requirements say as to who can provide the needed training?

Can you post the requirements here?

2 Likes

That’s the problem Larry, I cannot find the answer to your question. I thought you could shadow a local inspector in the field to meet the requirement but I do not think that’s the case. If that were the case, I don’t know how to track and prove the field work.

If you are willing to drive west I’m just over the border an hour past the TN/NC state line in Knoxville.
I’ll give you some hours and sign off for you.

Bert Hull

2021 InterNACHI Inspector of the Year

Mechanical Engineer, Clemson University 1999

Certified Master Inspector

:computer: www.KnoxEHI.com | :e-mail: info@KnoxEHI.com | :telephone_receiver: 865-466-0044

:mailbox: 10629 Hardin Valley Rd #305, Knoxville TN 37932

4 Likes

Here are the North Carolina requirements:

And, here is the InterNACHI sponsor information:

1 Like

Here in New Jersey usually the tutition cost of the school includes the external training.

2 Likes

According to the application Larry posted, course providers are supposed to provide both 120 classroom hours AND 80 hours field training.

When I follow the InterNACHI links it takes me to “CASA” which charges $1500 for the field training.

There are additional affiliates listed below CASA.

In some states, paying for schooling is a requirement for licensure. This applies to other trades as well, such as plumbing, electrical, HVAC, or even cosmetology. I hope you find a work around.

1 Like

Thanks Bert, I appreciate the offer but I’m looking to stay local to complete this training. Great video, looks like you have a high class operation going!

1 Like

InterNACHI training does not include the field training unfortunately but I think I have a good lead on getting scheduled.

Thanks

InterNACHI does not provide the field training. Maybe because they are a National accredited school?

Why worry about a few hours drive? Training from Bert would be the best training you could get.

3 Likes