Originally Posted By: HyperEye
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
My wife and I are buying a house. We are actually scheduled to close in 2 hours! Yesterday the electric company informed us that all of the house (except the garage) is wired 2-wire copper. I am pretty concerned about this. I have a lot of computer equipment, expensive television, etc.
Is there something I can do to protect this equipment without rewiring the house? Is it pretty imperitive that I have this wiring replaced?
I am asking this because I do not want to rewire if I can avoid it. If I do need to rewire I need to put off closing until I can get an estimate on what it will cost. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.