Almost a newbie

Originally Posted By: Dan Weber
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

hello,

I am currently stationed in Kuwait and moving back to Missouri I want to know how to start up my own HI business. what licenses. do I need what insurance do I need what taxes I have to pay and so on also where do I apply.

Also as far as the continuing education that is required to remain a member of NACHI are collage transcripts acceptable ie, Building codes, blueprint reading or any classes dealing with construction. Also do you accept military training as far as instructor certifications ( I have taught the Armys electricians, plumbing and carpentry/ masonry courses) for the past 6 years Just wondering not trying to get out of any required training.

P.S. I have taken the exam on the NACHI web site and waiting to make my final decision. By the way I whish I would have found this site earlier some of the examples I would have loved to use while teaching in the school house environment.

Your help is greatly appreciated!
Peace from the Middle East!

--
Dan Weber
SSG, US Army
Quality Assurance Inspector
Engineers Lead the Way!

Originally Posted By: gsutterfield

Dan

Currently there are no licensing requirements in Mo. to perform home inspections . However, there are requirements of certifications to perform ancillary services such as septic system inspections,termite inspections,etc. Water samples for well water test can be sent to various state labs throughout Mo. for a small fee but they have some guidelines which must be followed. Some cities and counties in Mo. do have requirements which must be met thus it depends on the areas you will be working in .

Although insurance is not required it is a good idea to obtain it to cover your a$% ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

If you wish,you can send me a PM and I can elaborate further or when you get home feel free to call and we can discuss the issues .

Originally Posted By: Dan Weber

Thanks Gary,

I will definately give you a call. I appreciate all the emails i have recieved on this issue.

Dan Weber

SSG, US Army

Quality Assurance Inspector

Engineers Lead the Way!